Help › Forums

What should I buy?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 18 2011 9:00 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jsun365
    4 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 2:29 PM

I currently have 832 credits. I spent 200 on a Lynx driver (it works well for me), so what should I buy with the remaining credits? Thank you.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 5:17 PM

EDIT:

I don't think it is easy for anyone to give advice on this.  A lot of it depends on where you are going with this game and how fast you want to get there.  What I can tell you, from experience, is there will always be bigger and better equipment down the road. 

A few things to keep in mind, when deciding what to buy, is keeping an even distance gap between clubs (this takes some home work).  Also, try keeping similar attributes throughout your bag...in other words, pay close attention to meter speed, trajectory, precision, spin etc...Some may say this is not important...but keeping these features similar may help with timing and consistency.  

One last thing...you'll notice a huge disparity in price on clubs that appear to be very similar...generally, you'll pay more for clubs with a slower meter.  Less expensive clubs, those with the faster meters, can cause players to buy more expensive balls to slow the meter down so the fast metered clubs may cost a lot more in the long run.    But by the time you get to the lower tiers. and own the best equipment, all the meters will be relatively fast.  If you take a quick look at our best players profiles, you'll see that most of them are using the more expensive balls.

Joey   

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 5:28 PM

I'd go for at least two decent wedges first, then enough left over (perhaps having to save remaining and try survey stuff or new ad thingy they got going to get the extra needed) get a putter. It's kinda how I began it all.

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 3:53 AM

First off, how are you putting with the starter?  If you are doing fine with it, I suggest holding out on a putter for now..  I have seen two or three players at master level crushing the greens with the starter.

Personally, I would have spent 50 extra credits on the WGT Tour Pro 9.5 driver, as it has an extra 15 yrds.  The faster swing meter may be intimidating at first, but you are going to have to get use to it down the road with some of the irons and drivers (if and when you want to take your game to another level).  

I definitely agree with the above poster, wedges!  I suggest the z-wedges for the price, and if you can hold out without until level 38, I would wait for those, getting the 52 degree and holding out one more level to 38 for the 64 degree ones.  If you don't feel like dropping a little over half of your credits, go ahead and get the two from lvl 14.

If you aren't looking to drop some money into the game for a while, or are undecided, don't bother with trying to get an iron set.

^all of this is JMHO.

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 7:39 AM

Joeyola:
    I don't think it is easy for anyone to give advice on this.

Sure it is, save your money and run! This game will suck you dry and you will rob, pillage, and steal to get to there.

RUN!

Joeyola:
    you'll see that most of them are using the more expensive balls.

• itsthetodman
    161 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 8:20 AM

if you can try buying the taylormades wedges great value wedge for 250 credits each cant go wrong and any money left treat yourself to some srixon balls at 180 credits hope this helps

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 8:51 AM

Well now, I don't know about the pillage bit.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 2:32 PM

sdorr:

Joeyola:
    I don't think it is easy for anyone to give advice on this.

Sure it is, save your money and run! This game will suck you dry and you will rob, pillage, and steal to get to there.

RUN!

I should have said "Good advice".

Joey =)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 2:41 PM

Regardless of the irons you eventually will wind up with the Satin 64W will always fit and do you more good than any other club around the green where it counts. Putts get shorter and up and downs get easier. You will have that club for a very long time.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 3:01 PM

I would invest in a loan officer first, a marriage counselor second, and a 12 step WGT program third. If none of the above work, remember it's football season. Go Steelers, you sure sucked it up last week.

• PAGES
RSS