Help › Forums

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 19 2011 4:21 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 5:46 AM

OK is it me am I  that much of a dope, but come on one day  I shoot  7 birdies for nine thinking I finally got it and then the next day I am fighting to make par.

I have ruled out ball position, because we that play consistently pretty much land the ball in the same place on all the holes we play.

So what the heck is going on, my distance is fine it's the darn breaks. I made myself a scale that I tape to the screen with 3/16 increments on each side of the ding. I rate the ball movement by how fast they are going. slow is usually the first  line past the ding, also if you notice the grid will have broken lines (little segments) I use those to judge the off set of the maker. Worked great 5 birdies and one eagle. Go back to the same course do the same thing, there I am fighting for par.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 6:16 AM

You must be talking about your 29 you shot and the games that followed. I have been having this same problem for a few weeks now. Something changes for sure. If I have 3 or 4 rounds under par, I can bet the next 3 or 4 will be par or over par. I have no clue what it is and will not make any accusations, just something about the game. The comments of late from many of the top players on this site are enough for me to not blame myself every time this happens. Famous quote: "like a box of chocolates, never know what your going to get"

• asugunnu
    48 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 6:17 AM

Woodoworkery:
    OK is it me am I  that much of a dope, but come on one day  I shoot  7 birdies for nine thinking I finally got it and then the next day I am fighting to make par.
    just like real golf then..

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 6:21 AM

It's called the rotating VEM cycle.  . When your are in the good side you think..WOW I got this game figured out...no spilled coffee, no scared cats, no wife asking "what did you say?" when your in the bad side ......well you know what that's like. Just imagine how bored you would be if you shot 7/8 under all the time. Oh by the way wait till you make Legend, then you got loooooooooooonger approach shots, faster greens and sharper breaks on the greens. I have always thought that who ever figured out how to keep us coming back to this game, spending our money, talking in the forums  day after day is pretty smart.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 7:52 AM

You guys are experiencing the way this game keeps challenging you. It's by design and it's the same for everybody. The really good golfers just adjust quicker. 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 10:09 AM

YankeeJim:

You guys are experiencing the way this game keeps challenging you. It's by design and it's the same for everybody. The really good golfers just adjust quicker. 

I guess I'm not a REALLY GOOD golfer........LOL

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 11:01 AM

Woodoworkery:
    I guess I'm not a REALLY GOOD golfer........LOL

Yet.  ;-)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 1:29 PM

Geez Louise, I told my wife it wasn't the Jack Daniels making me unsteady. All this time it's been the Rotating Vem making me dizzy. I knew it was something else all the time. Now I'm going to fix me a high ball and continue not being a good golfer. I just hung a sign on our door that says, IT"S THE ROTATING VEM, please let it be Dear. I'm so relieved.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 2:15 PM

LMFAO...................................................!!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2011 2:36 PM

Damn, the boss (wife), just asked me how many rotating VEM's I was going to have tonight. My honest reply was, as many as necessary my love until I figure this game out. Thank you Yappy you have made my life so much easier.

Ren

• PAGES
RSS