Forums

Help › Forums

Discos on Match Play

Mon, Sep 26 2011 4:19 AM (5 replies)
  • Glas67
    117 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2011 2:15 PM

The last 3 MP games I have played, the person I have been playing has bailed/discoed while I have been ahead.  I get a message saying something like "please return to the main screen and await the other player reconnecting" but nothing happens when I go back to the main screen, and I end up playing another game.

When the connex problems arose earlier, I would exit from MP games because the game stopped working, then when I got back on, the game would say I had forfeited the MP game I was in cos I never finished it (which is fair enough, altho not my fault).  How does this not seem to happen with the players who disco on me?

At least with Stroke Play games, you can continue to play and get the XP for finishing the round, but i'm playing Match Play games for the last hour and a half and have had no credit at all because of people bailing on me :(

• Glas67
    117 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2011 4:41 PM

Again, before the game crashed I was in a MP game (this time it was AS) and now i've finally got back on, it says that I disconnected from the last game and lost it as a result.

Why is this?

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2011 9:01 PM

Well I dont have the answers for you but will say that I was one of the ones that won against you because of your disconnect. I waited the 5 mins for you to return but you did not. You seemed  polite and ready to play so I waited. I am glad it was jsut a computer problem and hopefully we can play again in the future.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2011 10:01 PM

The title is a bit deceiving i was gonna put on my flares and platform shoes and crank up Saturday Night Fever ;-p

• JayJensen
    8 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2011 11:24 PM

Happened to me this evening around 12:00am MST. Froze up, and then when i tried to reconnect all I got was unexpected server error, 3x, and was then forfeited. My internet was working fine, but it cost me 500+50. Total BS to add to the server issues this afternoon.

Jay

• Glas67
    117 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 4:19 AM

Mesmorizer:

Well I dont have the answers for you but will say that I was one of the ones that won against you because of your disconnect. I waited the 5 mins for you to return but you did not. You seemed  polite and ready to play so I waited. I am glad it was jsut a computer problem and hopefully we can play again in the future.

This seems to be part of the problem for me.....other people are getting the option to wait 5 minutes for me to reconnect, but i'm not being given that option when people disco on me.  It just boots me back to the main menu, with no countdown timer or anything like that.

Thanks for the game anyway mate, and sorry for the problems.  No doubt we'll meet in another game sometime :-)

RSS