Forums

Help › Forums

To pay or not

Tue, Sep 27 2011 6:33 AM (9 replies)
  • russellie
    668 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 7:29 AM

As of the past week the game seems to get more and more unplayable, to atsrt it ran great. I have set up as per instructions regarding allowing 100mb for wgt enabled cookies etc, I now find the game almost impossible to complete without error messages   i.e unexpected errors, balls flying off at 90 degree angles from tee, club selection locking and not able  to select a different club before playing a shot.

I keep finding my folder has about 7 sites as well as wgt  ie bandwidth ands- ying cluttering it up, when I deny access the game starts going wrong, I am tempted to start purchasing goods from store BUT is it worth it with all these probs.

O.K Computer specs- Windows7 enterprise- 12 gig mem- 1 terabyte disk.  for starters

Regards

Russell

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 7:32 AM

What browser are you using?

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 12:21 PM

Latest i.e      Home page Google !!!!!!!!!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 12:25 PM

russellie:
    Latest i.e  

This is a large part of the problem. Part of what you're going through is club related, a built in error factor of sorts. The other part is that browser. There's a lot of stuff going on in it that messes up your game. Chrome seems to be the most popular browser to play in and FireFox is another. They're free and easy to install and the game will run better for you.

There also seems to be an unusual amount of game problems that started over the weekend that I'm assuming WGT is working on. So far they haven't said anything.

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 12:29 PM

Why do I keep getting the parasite sites appearing with wgt ? when I block them the system screws up. Tried chrome this was just vas bad!!

Russ

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 12:48 PM

Part of WGT's revenue comes from those ads. They like to set cookies on your computer but you can block them. However, you need to allow WGT to set them or the game won't work right. You can block all cookies and have WGT.com listed as an exception.

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2011 1:55 AM

Thank's Jim for your help, it's nice to get a sensible answer. perhaps this could be better explained in the tutorial.

1  So in global settings if I block all but wgt media will this stop the problem?

2  If I allow all these sites will my computer be compromised?

3  I have found that if I dont't alow then I get problems.

Thank's in anticipation

Regards

Russell

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2011 5:06 AM

russellie:
    1  So in global settings if I block all but wgt media will this stop the problem?

Yes, just make sure wgt.com is an exception.

russellie:
    2  If I allow all these sites will my computer be compromised?

No. They're just setting cookies on your computer. Ever notice how, after looking at something someplace else, like a tool or furniture or something, that related  ads start showing up here for you? That's what tracking cookies do. They figure out what you look at and then show you related ads.

The things that you worry about compromising your computer come from a different source. Visiting an infected website or downloading something that could have a virus piggybacked are a couple of ways this happens but you won't have to worry about that here.  :-)

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2011 6:33 AM

Thank's for ALL your help, Game is running fine now so fingers crossed

Regards

Russell

RSS