Help › Forums

Bethpage Rage Award

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:27 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 1:49 PM

Aptly put, I like the humor behind the award.

• PadraigMurphy
    16 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 6:47 AM

I too would like to be considered for this award. I have had many several rage issues with Bethpage I hate Bethpage with a passion.If I was even in NY not virtual and had the chance to play the real course for free I wouldn't.

• BrianWhitt
    6 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 7:03 AM

You wouldn't play for free?!!  Wow buddy!!  From the me, the beggin poor college student, to you, the apparently rich jetsetter, I would take a free round anywhere anyday.  Golf is golf, regardless the course.  Learn what you can, when you can, how you can, especially if it's on someone elses dime.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 8:35 AM

It seems to me that Beth is a great deal like top shelf Scotch. It takes time, effort and desire to acquire a love for it.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 8:47 AM

Like many other difficult courses (Pinehurst # 2, Kiawah, TPC, Winged Foot, etc.) Beth Page is a nice course to play provided that you use the right set of tees.  Any course that I can play that has hosted a US Open is on my list of courses to play.  Same as the Ocean Course which hosted the Ryder Cup.

• PadraigMurphy
    16 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2009 9:26 AM

I am not rich by far at all..Surely not any type of jet setter either. I have just grown this passion for hate of BP. Although I am shooting better on the 9 hole game. Trust me I am Learning what I can, when I can, and  how I can. I have no problem with practice,practice,practice...

• wallydawg68
    46 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 9:15 AM

SweetiePie:

It seems to me that Beth is a great deal like top shelf Scotch. It takes time, effort and desire to acquire a love for it.

Sweetiepie, you are so right. I hated it at first but after learning tips from other players and ALOT of practice, it seems to grow on you. Especially after I shot a 66 on it this morning. Only bad hole I had was of course #15. LOL

• Jubilation
    35 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 10:10 PM
    To have a chance at Bethpage you really need to upgrade from the starter clubs. Then you have a chance to hang around a bit. Since I have upgraded my clubs and balls (big blue ones everyone :) ), BP has become a lot less mental for me.
  • jimjam114
    68 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 1:30 PM

Jubilation:
    To have a chance at Bethpage you really need to upgrade from the starter clubs. Then you have a chance to hang around a bit. Since I have upgraded my clubs and balls (big blue ones everyone :) ), BP has become a lot less mental for me.

here here very true upgrade the starter clubs

there are products of the recession out here too

happy golf  jimjam114  BTW i smashed my mouse on beth i want the award

• dickie40
    37 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:21 PM

Sorry man. I've had blue balls before and never want to experience that again.

• PAGES
RSS