Bethpage Rage Award

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:27 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jimjam114
    68 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 5:05 PM

dickie40:

Sorry man. I've had blue balls before and never want to experience that again.

im hering you brother peace jimjam114

• ThomasRalph
    7 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 8:59 AM

I live about 15 miles from Bethpage and the facility has come a long way from the early '90's . It was in pretty bad shape in those days.

I have never played the Black because frankly I'm just not going to enjoy getting destroyed by the course. I can break 95 on the Yellow and Green Courses ( They have five in total) on a good day so why shoot a 115 or worse on the Black?  Besides , I really wouldn't want to walk that course ( No Carts on the Black) .

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 5:51 PM

I have played BPB and it is a great course now, it wasn't before the 2 US Opens were held there and the course was put into proper shape.  Like any difficult course, this one is probably too much for someone with a 25 handicap, even from the middle tees.  The greens and rough are too tough.  Some times you can play from different tees and make the course playable but not there, Kiawah can be just as tough if you go back to the Bronze tees, 7800 yards but they have handicaps assigned to each set of tees there so you pretty much know where to play from, fairways are wide and it is playable.

• Grumbleguts
    3 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:52 AM

so, what eactly do you nd to do to "win" this award?

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 8:10 AM

IF you look in your award section under courses it will show you.  The awards are based upon scoring in stroke play.  There is one for Kiawah as well.

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 9:16 AM
    you will only get awards for ranked rounds and if you shoot 85 that will get you a tin award. But I have been known to be wrong 68 will give you a platinum award thats the best I can do so far.
  • mwfreeman7
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:29 PM

I have to agree with the replies you recieved. I, at first, hated BP myself, especially the back nine. My card read 6 to 10 over on back 2 to 3 on front. Now however, not to be defeated by anything kept playing both. I currently find it is the best challege on WGT and I score anywhere from 2 to 5 under. Beside hole 15 which I havent figured out the trick and I tried everything I know and consider par a victory. Kiawah is boring now and im the kind of player who really enjoys a challege

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 11:51 AM

If anyone is in the area, you can all play Bethpage Black, but like ThomasRalph said, if you are a high handicapper, skip the black, maybe even the Red in the summer, and play a different course.

I play there usually 1-2 times a month, and have played with scratch golfers who shoot 80 on a bad day.  I have also had the bad luck to play with the non handicapper (to high to post in the system) and its miserable for me and them, its torture for them. 

I like that this course on WGT is so frustrating for people, its realistic.

On a side not to thomasralph, the greens at Black are so fair its not funny.  They are not that fast, they run true.  The rough on the otherhand depends on the time of year, sometimes its not so much the height of the rough but the way the ball sinks to the roots.  When I hit a shank in this game, I coin it to that, some shots are just not possible because of the lie.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:27 PM

The game is set up to mimic BPB at the U.S. open. All I can say is .......ouch.

• PAGES
RSS