Tibbets...

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 1 2011 8:17 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SafariMan62
    222 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 8:13 AM

Howdy folks,

Last night i played my last game and was invited to be the 4th in a great alternate shot match. The other team had 2 players that seemed to know each other very well, talked very friendly, and sounded like they have been with WGT for a long time.....

It was a good match and on the next to the last hole, my partner sinks a long flop shot from a bunker for a bird and wins the hole keeping us just 1 down. As we were proceeding down the last hole, the gents from the other team started a conversation concerning the great shot my partner made and this led to them talking about the great players on WGT now & their skills......Out of the blue, one gents said "the best players on WGT are very, very good, but they are not a "Tibbets", his partner seemed to agree and the conversation died off because the match was ending. ( We lost :).....,,

Anyway, does anyone know who this gent "Tibbets" is?  (can't find his name in the players list). Was he really that good & why did he leave?  Really am curious!..TIA

Have a good weekend all..!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 8:18 AM

His profile is still out there.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 10:35 AM

To give you an idea, even though he has not posted a score since 01.26.10...he is still in second place on the WGT Earnings Leader (career) list.

Joey     

• SafariMan62
    222 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 11:36 AM

andyson:

His profile is still out there.

Hey Thanks..!   But tell me, how did you find his profile? I searched under WGT community and then WGT players & fed in his name .....no match.!  What is the secret?..TIA

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 12:24 PM

SafariMan62:
    But tell me, how did you find his profile? I searched under WGT community and then WGT players & fed in his name .....no match.!  What is the secret?..TIA

Use the search box on the right, search for Tibbets, find one of his posts and click on his name.

• rglrguy
    442 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 1:26 PM

I have been a member since April of 2009............I took 14 months off............started an advertising agency..............but back on '09, tibbets was winning everything. He was (of course) accused of cheating and all the other bull.

He was however the best in this game. At that time match play was not available, so I never had the opportunity to play him. His scores were remarkable. The highest level available was Master, and he was the best. He retired(stopped playing) as the best in the game. I strive to be that good............

rglrguy

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 2:16 PM

re: "tibbets". THE HIGHEST SKILLED PLAYER to EVER "MASTER" this game.

It is really hard to put into words and describe how precise and accurate he was with every shot. I am sure even the players now that have come into their own as the best players on WGT will also agree there was only 1 true "Master" / "Legend" of the game and that was tibbets.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 2:28 PM

Tibbets was a great player and just as good a guy.  There are a number of things that he did that would just amaze you but that was his nature.  He also won many of those tournaments back when no good balls or clubs were available and still posted some great scores.  I had the pleasure to play with him a few times and he was one of the first WGT people I talked to and he was always quick to help you with tips and suggestions.

There are some great players online today, many in the club that I am a part of and many of them know Tibbetts, hopefully one day he will return.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 6:20 PM

If you want to see what kind of guy Tibbets was ... click on this thread and read what Githe had to say about him.

Click Here ...

Class Act

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 6:56 PM

Week after week after week, he would place first in every stroke play and ctth hole competition. A gentleman and the best we have ever had. Regardless of how low you may have gone, he was able to find another stroke to beat you. It would be a treat to see him with all of the new clubs & balls we now have.

• PAGES
RSS