Forums

Help › Forums

Political Ads on WGT.........

Thu, Dec 15 2011 12:57 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 12:59 PM

So they bombard me with teeny bopper girls in there undies? IM 56 years old for Christ sake. Not that i mind them,,but i'm not really interested in any jail bait.

• MissouriDan
    312 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 1:17 PM

While reading through these posts I see that I have FTD flowers and Bed Bath and Beyond ads on my screen. That tells me I earn credits by buying my wife stuff which in turn keeps her happy and keeps giving me the ability to play the game itself. I think I have a leagalized racket going on here. Shhhhhhh. Dont tell her. In her mind Im just buying her stuff to be nice.

MissouriDan

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 1:55 PM

WGTicon:

I think they are tailored specifically for you

-wgticon

Bladder Weakness Adverts...

I take it those ones are tailored towards players who constantly take the pi$$.

TBE

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 2:41 PM

law4822:

why dont u just get adblocker on ur browser then u wont get any more adverts...........job done!!!!!!!!!

I was skeptical at first, love it now. It's ridiculous how much faster everything loads when you're not waiting for a half-dozen ads per page. Highly recommended.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 3:29 PM

Use "Ghostery" with "Firefox 8" and block all Ads on WGT and the Internet alike. It doesn't interfere with computer performance or the WGT game-client. Its easy to set-up, and fully customizable. Just set Ghostery to your specifications and forget it.

Enjoy!

• dacrash
    475 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 3:52 PM

YankeeJim:

WGTicon:
    I think they are tailored specifically for you

Without a doubt they are. It's done with those tracking cookies all the advertisers plant on your computer. You can be browsing around looking at stuff and then come here and see ads for what you just looked at.

Actually it is Google who is placing the ads.  It's Adchoice.  If you ever go to google, you will soon see ads for what you searched on earlier.  WGT of course sells the ad space to google so WGT is partially responsible.

Re: political ads:  anyone who believes anything a presidential or other canidate says is really really stupid.  Not one of the campainge promises are able to be done by one person.

Politics these days is already done before the voting, so why bother listening to anything a politician says.  Your individual vote does not count for a hill of beans today.

Utill they change how voting works (how about online or at least online at the polls.) the outcome of the vote is determined NOT by popular vote, but by the largest states with the most electoral votes.  Therefore, the individual vote is worthless.

just my opinion after 50 years of experience.

• coehawk
    4 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 12:57 PM

You want to talk about political ads? You should live in Iowa like me where the ads are 24/7!!

• PAGES
RSS