Forums

Help › Forums

Hack to Legend

Thu, Oct 13 2011 12:11 PM (43 replies)
  • DellSutton
    1 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 2:07 AM

How long did it take you to get to Legend from joining WGT.

And have you any Idear how much it cost you?

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 9:27 AM

DellSutton:

How long did it take you to get to Legend from joining WGT.

And have you any Idear how much it cost you?

1. I've been a Legend since the day that they created the updated tiers, so what I'm about to say is only going to be speculation, not experience. I think it'll take you about three or four months if you work super hard at it, play consistently, learn the game really fast, post good rounds, etc. But if you're just looking for casual play and still aren't very familiar with the game (which most Hacks aren't), I'd say six months. 

2. It doesn't have to cost you anything, but I'd say the average Legend has donated about $20-50 on clubs alone (in actual money, not earned credits) in their careers. 

• cubncp
    36 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 9:44 AM

agrees with this totally, only been playing for lil over 3 months and i have been busting my blisters trying to get legend.spent about 65 bucks ( bought a few mid lvl clubs i shouldnt have) and have been playing way to many rounds. after reading the putting chipping guide in the forums and listening to tips from players about punching and flopping my game is improving rapidly...i'm a t.m now  with a dropping average.. gl,  hit em straight

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 9:54 AM

It took me a year and 1,000 rounds but I was absolute rubbish to start with. A lot of players could probably do it in less than half that.

• petwil66
    42 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 10:22 AM

piztaker:

It took me a year and 1,000 rounds but I was absolute rubbish to start with. A lot of players could probably do it in less than half that.

I agree on that piz it took me over 12 months of playing almost daily and i spent around $170 on this game and still need to spend for balls.

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 11:38 AM

I've got from Hack to Tour Master in less then 2 months. I hope to be Legend before 3 months but I'm struggling at the moment on the greens.

You could do it very quickly if you play only the same 9holes again, and again, and again...but would be a bit false.

I think if you're a little patient with what you buy, eg. not buying equipment immediately it becomes available as you level up, you could do it for 5000 credits easily (including cost of balls used). I haven't included the cost of upgrading equipment when you reach Legend which I assume I'll want/need.

Cheers

P

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 11:50 AM

Hi Dell,

If you are looking at a costing exercise as to what kind of investment you are likely to have to make, I have broken mine down for perusal below. The pound cost does not take into account the offers I completed, the meagre winnings I spent, nor the many gifts from kind friends and altruistic acquaintances.

Hack to Legend = 54 weeks

Investment         = £108 GBP

Ranked games = 643

This equates to a spend of 28 pence per day, for an average 1.7 games each day, or £00.16 per game of ranked strokeplay.

Of course this is a very simplistic view, since it does not record the games started and not finished, practice only games, Alternate shot games, CTTH and Blitz games. Every one of the non recorded games added to my skill and ability in some way, even if I didn't see it that way at the time.

Perhaps most importantly, a bland array of figures can never tell you how important were those moments you shared with friends who said "NB" or "Great shot" or "Bad Luck Lizzie"- in other words, the human element that will keep you going through the thick, thin and rough patches along the way.

Lizzie xx

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 11:54 AM

piztaker:

Same, and probably $200, although some of that was thrown at RGs, alitle on wrong equipment choices, and a little on tournament sponsorship.

If you study the forums, put the work in and kept a strong hand on your outlay - 4/5 months and $50/60 worth of credits.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 11:55 AM

Altogether very similar experiences.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 12:11 PM

I've only spent about £40 total. Lots of time was spent doing surveys though.

RSS