Forums

Help › Forums

Hack to Legend

Thu, Oct 13 2011 12:11 PM (43 replies)
  • Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 3:23 AM

it took me about 2,5 months to reach legend, i was pretty low level, cant seem to find any info regarding lvl at the time but i think i was about lvl69 at the time and played with the raptures until i made lvl 79 and got the Burners, it was tough to play from legend tees with the raptures i tell ya :)

maybe $100

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 4:01 AM

Kriztjan:
    it took me about 2,5 months to reach legend, i

it took arnie palmer over 30 years, so I think you are doing pretty good, lol

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 5:51 AM

As regards money outlay, don't do what I did and buy every club that gives you 2 or 5 yard increment. Cos if you do what I did it is probably going to cost you $200.

In other words maybe buy in 10 yard increments and when you are at the correct level, buy the Burner irons

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 6:31 AM

Started Apr. 13th 2011

Made Legend Aug. 6th 2011

Probably spent $120-$150 on clubs and balls.  The only wasted money was on the Spider and Anser putters.

I bought the Tour Plus full set @ L6 and that lasted me until L48, when I bought the Rapture full set, which lasted me to L62.  At 62, I bought the G10 Irons and R9 Driver and 3W.  At 79 I bought the Burner 2.0 Irons.  At 85 I bought the R11 3W and at 88 I will buy the R11 Driver.

At L38-39 I bought the Satin wedges (56, 60, 64) and dropped my hybrid.  At L76-80 I upgraded to the top Cleveland wedges (same degrees).

At L19 I bought the Spider putter.  At L28 I bought the Anser and sold back the Spider.  At L29 I bought another Spider, and sold back the Anser.  At L44 I bought the Redwood.  At L55 I bought the Rossa.  At L72 I bought the 2010 Redwood, and at L86 I downgraded to the L66 Ghost Spider when it came out.  At L92, I suspect I will buy the top Ghost Spider.

And as soon as I could, I started playing Callaway balls and have not looked back.  I play the Legend (z) now.

The keys... get good wedges and learn to wield them like a surgeon does a scalpel.  Then find a putter you like and practice, practice, practice.  If you can refine your short game and green game, the rest comes easy.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 6:52 AM

JaLaBar:
    The keys... get good wedges and learn to wield them like a surgeon does a scalpel.  Then find a putter you like and practice, practice, practice.  If you can refine your short game and green game, the rest comes easy.

I was on the internet the other day and found  website that would sell you a doctorate for

$300. Good to go in any state of the union, and comes with recommendations from 12 other doctors. Not a bad deal considering you can make $400 an hour

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 8:16 AM

Curious what others spent on Driver/Wood/Irons to L48.  The Tour Plus set costs 5600c+, but lasted 42 levels.  I wonder if I would have spent more or less if I had upgraded incrementally.  I suspect I saved money, but dunno for sure.

• Glas67
    117 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 9:57 AM

JaLaBar:

Curious what others spent on Driver/Wood/Irons to L48.  The Tour Plus set costs 5600c+, but lasted 42 levels.  I wonder if I would have spent more or less if I had upgraded incrementally.  I suspect I saved money, but dunno for sure.

Apart from investing in a couple of z satin wedges, I used all the starter clubs until I reached the level where I could buy the K15 set (level 30-something) and will continue to use that for a while I think.  It cost me around 3000c.  I will buy the G10 driver at level 58 to help me from the Master tees, as the K15 driver (250yds) just doesn't cut it.  I'm not thinking of throwing away my K15s anytime soon, although that may change when the G10 irons become available to me the level after the driver.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 11:08 AM

JaLaBar:
    And as soon as I could, I started playing Callaway balls and have not looked back.

Well you didn't have to wait long. April 19th  2011 (  just 6 days after joining) you posted that you had unlocked the callaway balls...but  decided to only use them when you went back to playing Tournaments and ranked rounds again ( that makes sense) This is a great example to our new players in how to save a little $  on this site....

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 11:39 AM

About 16 months, 7 of them at the Tour Master level to which I was surprised to be elevated when it was created (having busted my derriere for a long while to make Master shortly before that, when it was the top tier).

The full Rapture set to make Master, using starter balls. Then the G10 set and fancy balls to make Legend. Plus assorted wedges along the way.

Seeing as how I don't play for credits and don't do surveys, I'd rather not know what the total comes to. The creditors are keeping quiet, so no worries.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 12:39 PM

griffygriff:
    Well you didn't have to wait long. April 19th  2011 (  just 6 days after joining) you posted that you had unlocked the callaway balls...but  decided to only use them when you went back to playing Tournaments and ranked rounds again ( that makes sense)

The funny thing is thst I didn't really play much practice after that, finding that tourney play earned so much more exp.  And now, I just don't even feel right when playing another ball.

One more little meaningless bit of fluff:  When we started getting all the free Dove balls, I started trying to use them when playing friendly match plays or alt shots or practice, again to save credits.  But, because of the much lower feel than the Callaways, I didn't usually shoot as well with the Dove balls.  Well, one day I forgot I had them equppied and signed up for an RG at BPB front 9.  I clicked tee off and it wasn't until I was on the tee off screen on #1 I realized I hadn't switched.  At that point I was locked in to the equipment I had.

I shot a 30, at the time my best front 9 at BPB, and finished second by myself in the RG, to this day my best ever finish in an RG.

RSS