Help › Forums

Credits

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 27 2012 12:52 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • charlee85
    878 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 7:47 AM

Sorry for sounding like a dumb blonde, but I cant help it...I am!

What is the BEST way to earn credits here?

This is my first day here and Ive seen some things in the pro shop I would really like.

But I will NOT use my credit card & there's a very good reason for that...no credit :-(

I also don't want gifts from people...I want to make it on my own

Somebody mentioned surveys

Can someone tell me how to find these surveys or whatever is the quickest easiest way to earn credits?

Pleeeeaaase?

thank u

Charlee

xxx

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 9:57 AM

Above this there's a 'Get Credits' link. Go to 'Earn Free Credits' and you can go through the different deals available. Some are simple 'sign-up for this or that', some are surveys (where you can spend hours answering questions and then it says you do not qualify).

Also there's the 'Free view option' where you can watch videos and swap for credits. 

All in the link above.

Cheers

P

PS. I accept gifts lol

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:30 AM

Judging by your progress in this game, probably tiered Ready-Go's.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 11:06 AM

oh feck,

you can't ask more from a forum can you :)

a "dumb blonde" followed by a "pryke"

i do apologise, back to the sherry :)

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 11:23 AM

and may i add

you have wonderfully grasped the concept of the the act of "gifting" ( given that you registered today), based on your comments left on others' profiles.

• charlee85
    878 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 11:28 AM

Why thank you Mr. Rag....I think

oilyrag:

and may i add

you have wonderfully grasped the concept of the the act of "gifting" ( given that you registered today), based on your comments left on others' profiles.

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 12:07 PM

oilyrag:

followed by a "pryke"

i do apologise, back to the sherry :)

Apology accepted and drop the sherry as you've lost the ability to pronounce English words. 'Pryke' pronounced 'Pry - k' similar to 'tyke' or 'd y k e' (thought you'd like that last 1 lol)

Cheers

P

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 12:40 PM

unknown sauce  :)     .:

Last name: Pryke

This interesting name, of Anglo-Saxon origin, is from a metonymic occupational surname for a maker or user of various pointed instruments. The derivation is from the Olde English pre 7th Century "pric(a)", the Middle English "prik(e)" or "prich", meaning a point. It is also possible that this is a nickname surname for a tall thin man, with the same derivation as above. In the modern idiom, the variants are Pricher and Prickman, and the diminutives are Prickett, Pritchet(t), and Pritcahtt. The following examples illustrate the name development since 1175 (see below): Geoffrey Pricke, of Norfolk, 1221; Alice Priche (1295, Ecclesiastical Records of Barnwell, Cambridgeshire); and Simon Prike (1340, Feet of Fines of Suffolk). One James Pryke, the son of William and Judia Pryke, was christened on April 15th 1792, at St. Paul's, Deptford. The first recorded spelling of the family name is shown to be that of Hamo Prichere, which was dated 1175, in the "Pipe Rolls of Dorset", during the reign of King Henry 11, known as "The Builder of Churches", 1154 - 1189. Surnames became necessary when governments introduced personal taxation. In England this was known as Poll Tax. Throughout the centuries, surnames in every country have continued to "develop" often leading to astonishing variants of the original spelling.

Stuart Pryke02 September 2007 17:46
    The name is also said to derive from the old English name for a young Buck deer, much as a young bull is called a steer, or a young rooster is called a ***. Similarly to ***, the name *** took on more of a slang meaning for the male genitalia, so the spelling evolved to the different variants such as Pryke, and the different pronunciation that this has.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 12:43 PM

oilyrag:

Yep.  If it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck.....then chances are it's really a chameleon!  Either that or it's just another guy claiming to be a bisexual girl....in order to hit on all the other guys claiming to be bisexual girls.....lmao

(And my apologies to the OP if you're one of the genuine female players on here....(a la Priestess, Dianne, and a host of others).  THEM, I have a ton of respect for!  My gut tells me you're not though....)

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 12:52 PM

oilyrag:

unknown sauce

What Does It Mean????

"To Ride"?

The Middle English Emaré i ( http://www.lib.rochester.edu/Camelot/teams/emare.htm ) features the word "pryke", as meaning to ride -

And ryght well kowthe pryke a stede

Interestingly, the introduction ( http://www.lib.rochester.edu/Camelot/teams/emint.htm ) claims "dialect features in Emaré indicate a late fourteenth-century Northeast Midlands or East Anglian dialect" - and there seems to be a cluster of Prykes in Suffolk.

"Pryke" is also used in Henry Medwall's Fulgens and Lucres:

Nay, we shall nede no horse ne mule,
                    But let us just at farte pryke in cule.

http://www.mala.bc.ca/~siemensr/medwall.htm )

I didn't find an exact date, but it dates from early Tudor times (it's mentioned in "Drama in Early Tudor Britain, 1485-1558. Lincoln, NB: U of Nebraska P, 1995."

William Doyle (wwd(at)juno.com) sent me the following snippet which seems to support the "Ride" theory:

A gentle Knight was pricking on the plaine

-  Spenser, Faerie Queene, I.i.1

Something else?

The word "pryke" is also used in the late 15th century play Robin Hood and the Sheriff. The stage directions and speakers are a modern reconstruction...

[The Sheriff exits, and Robin Hood enters]
                    [Knight]
                          Robyn Hode, ffayre and fre,
                          Undre this lynde shote we.
                    [Robin Hood]
                          With the shote Y wyll
                          Alle thy lustes to full-fyll.
                    [Knight]
                          Have at the pryke. 
                    [Robin Hood]
                          And Y cleve the styke.
                    [They shoot at the target, and Robin wins]

http://davinci.sla.purdue.edu/medieval-studies/RobinHood/Sheriff.html )

"Awaken"?

The Sultan of Babylon a 15th century poem in an "East Midland dialect" uses "pryke" to mean "stir" - as in "awake"

Hit bifelle bytwyxte March and Maye,
            Whan kynde corage begynneth to pryke,                  natural desire; stir
            Whan frith and felde wexen gaye,                                 wood; grow
            And every wight desirith his like,                                   person
    45      Whan lovers slepen withe opyn yye                                       eye
            As nightyngalis on grene tre,                                    
            And sore desire that thai cowde flye,
            That thay myghte withe here lovere be:

• PAGES
RSS