Forums

Help › Forums

At last.............Legend....!!!

Sun, Oct 23 2011 5:02 AM (21 replies)
  • mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 3:20 PM

Hi, I am not really one for posting (as you can see).....but after following the race to Legend particuarly between Hpurey & Sgt Doodles it gave me the incentive to get over the line......finally to Legend....I wondered if it would be wiser to stay awhile longer as a Tour Master but the urge was too great to keep going forward & upwards....

I unfortunately haven't really been able to put the time aside to play Alt Shot or Match Play etc...due to work, young kids (!) etc so have been pottering along in stroke play RR & Tournaments.  I play golf IRL (when time allows...!) and find this game really makes you think and draw from your real game...!

I have enjoyed following the various posts over the last year or so, in particular many of the Legends...YankeeJim & others...I have really benefited from your tips & insight into this game....so thank you for that....also the humerous commentary between Renniw52 (the squirrel with the hanging basket...!), Lizzerossetti & others...

I would hope to find time to try Alt shot or Match Play sometime but for now I will see if can I stabilise in the Legend Tier....had to laugh at Hpueys comment on his first sub-30 Legend round.....I too couldn't hit a barn door last night to get over the line until tonight when I posted a 28 on the back on Kiawah to finish the job...!!

Here's to a new challange......and hopefully link up with many of ye at some stage & the rest of the of the sizeable Irish community on this site......!!

mara43

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 4:58 PM

CONGRATS!  lol

enjoy the new tees.......enjoy the callaways

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:30 PM

Well done!

Lizzie xx

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:45 PM

Cheers....thanks for the Callaways...nice ball to hit....I'll try & put them to good use.......!

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:48 PM

Thanks Lizzie......looking forward to it.....

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:49 PM

Thanks Esssy.......for the 'big hand'...!!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 8:29 PM

Congratulations on making Legend

I remember when I first went to Legend at the start of the year and I had a absolute nightmare off the blacks...lol. It was a huge challenge, but don't get discouraged if your shooting the higher scores.. The game becomes easier as you go on,  I'm flying now and enjoying the game again.

Good Luck

Roger

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 10:45 PM

Congratulations mara43!  Job well done.

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 12:58 AM

Thanks Roger & Broaches......

RSS