4,286 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 5:56 AM

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 6:37 AM

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 8:15 AM

To all U.S. , British , and allied troops : Happy Veteran's Day and THANK YOU for having my back.

Enjoy ,     Ace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj-pSVGWJLI

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 9:45 AM

And TBF those troops that fought for the other side. Not their fault what their governments led them into.

Let us not forget those that continue to die in seemingly less just wars. Remembrance is about them, too.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 10:07 AM

My Father grew up dirt poor on a Kansas farm without anything. Went to Oklahoma U and lived in a truck for 3 years. He is worth about 30 million. He gave my 4 older siblings half a million at age 18. I was able to barter a better deal because of inflation. I invested most of the money in gold at around $650 to $700 per ounce. Needless to say, I am doing very well on my own.

• ejswan
    391 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 10:22 AM

i have had nothing but good things to say about the uk i have had a lot of player from the uk 

an all have ben good sports so i am not sure if its just a one time thing where they just didnt get along.

i have had 1 bad game with 2 people in the last year . an for as many games i have played that not bad ,

have had more bad times at work lol 

any way just try an be a good spot to every one an you will find on wgt most of the people are good people . 

Ej

• ejswan
    391 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 10:28 AM

to every solder thanks

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 11:28 AM

SweetiePie:
    Needless to say, I am doing very well on my own.

Needless to say, you're definition of very well on my own is somewhat skewed. LOL.

But good luck.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 11:56 AM

PeterHopper:

SweetiePie:
    Needless to say, I am doing very well on my own.

Needless to say, you're definition of very well on my own is somewhat skewed. LOL.

But good luck.

skewed is a fine choice of words. At 18 I could have just pissed the money off. I am frugal and being so pays very nicely.

• Toothpic
    32 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 12:01 PM

SweetiePie:

My Father grew up dirt poor on a Kansas farm without anything. Went to Oklahoma U and lived in a truck for 3 years. He is worth about 30 million. He gave my 4 older siblings half a million at age 18. I was able to barter a better deal because of inflation. I invested most of the money in gold at around $650 to $700 per ounce. Needless to say, I am doing very well on my own.

Sweaty Pie,

I can just imagine you "bartering" with your father for 1/2 mill plus inflation.What a wonderful child you must have been, I can almost see the tears misting in his eyes as you showed him the numbers on the calculator....

I hope you enjoy your income, but as a very quaint saying goes "money can't buy you friends, but it can make you loose a load of them".

One thing you can never buy sweaty dear is class........

RSS