Forums

Help › Forums

12 days of Christmas

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 29 2021 10:37 AM (9 replies)
  • conveyorguy
    786 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2021 6:44 PM

well...today woulda been the 10th day. thank you to wgt for all you're help ( I'm being facetious here...). this used to be a cool place, but apparently we're not wanted anymore. Don't spend enuf $ i guess....TY Wayne, Joe, and all those who contributed. It wasn't a wasted cause. :)

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2021 7:15 PM

Alas, all good things come to an end...........

• HamdenPro
    2,468 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2021 8:26 PM

conveyorguy:
    well...today woulda been the 10th day. thank you to wgt for all you're help

Am I missing something?

Usually there is the "12 Days of Christmas" but it was never run by WGT. Very generous members did it each year as a group.

This year, WGTChampion did a half day Christmas thing last Friday, he was giving gifts and it was very generous of him. WGTWildcat joined in as well.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2021 8:11 AM

HamdenPro:
    Usually there is the "12 Days of Christmas" but it was never run by WGT. Very generous members did it each year as a group.

Exactly.

Last year, Leggoman13 and I organized it, and many others joined in as Santas. Previous years, other players did the same.

This year, Leggoman13 contacted me about the two of us organizing a 12 days' event again this year. But I had already committed to helping organize an event within the country club I'm a member.

An additional factor in my decision to do an event within my country club and not on the main boards  is I had taken a bit of a break from posting to the main forums. The effect was I haven't felt as connected to the main boards, which meant I didn't feel motivated to do anything on them. Maybe next year will be different. 

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2021 8:49 AM

Merry Xmas all and have a safe holiday season..:)

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2021 8:52 AM

ct690911:

Merry Christmas to you as well!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and prosperous New Year. 

• SamSpayed
    4,998 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2021 11:07 AM

conveyorguy:
    well...today woulda been the 10th day.

I, too, was sorry to see the 12 Day Of Christmas community event go on holiday (so to speak) this year.  But that doesn't mean we can't still inspire or gift privately to others.

I read your poem on your blog (THE WORLD IS MINE).  Well worth reading, and very inspiring.  I love that line:  Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.  A great thought for us all to keep in mind.

Merry Christmas 🎅

• conveyorguy
    786 Posts
    Sat, Dec 25 2021 1:12 PM

ct690911:

Merry Christmas, CT

• conveyorguy
    786 Posts
    Sat, Dec 25 2021 1:12 PM

SamSpayed:

conveyorguy:
    well...today woulda been the 10th day.

I, too, was sorry to see the 12 Day Of Christmas community event go on holiday (so to speak) this year.  But that doesn't mean we can't still inspire or gift privately to others.

I read your poem on your blog (THE WORLD IS MINE).  Well worth reading, and very inspiring.  I love that line:  Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.  A great thought for us all to keep in mind.

Merry Christmas 🎅

Thank you, Sam. Merry Christmas

• Jeremy09004
    3 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 10:37 AM

Happy holidays to all of you! Now the main thing is to buy presents and think about what you did and what you didn't do during the year!

The source that helped me to buy a present for my girlfriend who loves music.

RSS