Forums

Help › Forums

3 Wood

Wed, Dec 29 2021 11:59 AM (22 replies)
  • Cicero733
    2,307 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 7:01 AM

Interesting data. Obviously you can do more with the club then I could. If I remember correctly when I first started using the club I could get about 235 - 238 in the air then about 10 yds or so roll out. Then the last week or two I used it it settled into the 227 yd routine. I remember at the time some folks speculated that specs for my club were reversed with the lower level Mizuno as my distances were consistent with the lower end one. Suppose that’s a possibility, but I don’t know. I recently ran into another player who just had the same experience - after a period of expected performance, the clubs average yardage consistently dropped. I’m not a big user of the 3wd from the fairway, except when necessary like in the par 5 scenario you used, mostly from the tee. We did a similar test in my CC with the club picking specific situations/holes in which to use the club. Your data and the data from our CC’s test I would say are congruent so it was either me or, like noted above, somehow the specs on my club were corrupted with the specs of the lower end Mizuno.

BTW, what did you think of the “new” TItleist ball? I picked up several sleeves of them as a bonus from a promotional credit purchase I made through Steam. I’m a mobile player and we always encounter meter issues of some sort. It was suggested to us awhile back that the newer TItleist balls were a good work around for the meter issues (and they seem to be). The price tag though of 1,200 + credits is just a little over the top. And I think I may have found a ball where the meter speed is actually too slow.

Thanks again for the informational data.

• SamSpayed
    4,998 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 9:50 AM

Cicero733:
    BTW, what did you think of the “new” TItleist ball?

Hey Bob, I sent you a FR and will send you a PM.  (Didn't want to hijack the 3 Wood thread 😁 )

• Cicero733
    2,307 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 11:59 AM

Thanks will look for it

RSS