Forums

Help › Forums

ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS..

Mon, Apr 29 2024 8:55 PM (1,175 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,464 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 2:08 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    Hey Steff, you're pretty near the ocean. Aren't you?

I am not far from the Long Island sound and the beaches but a bit farther from the Atlantic. Still, I am about a 45 minute to 1 hour drive to a beach on the Atlantic.

Growing up, I spent much time in Ocean City, Maryland and had friends with a sport fishing boat. From time to time, I would go out with them when they had charters and worked part time at the Marina Deck restaurant. Those were definately fun times.

• craigswan
    31,515 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 2:08 PM

Turf and surf in the Outback is cheaper .

And you get a blooming onion and black bread .

Outback Steakhouse Australia Sticker by Outback Brasil for iOS ...

• craigswan
    31,515 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 2:15 PM

Although i think fish and chips at the cheese cake factory is right up there .

Cheesecake factory fries: Got these when i went! LOL

• craigswan
    31,515 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 2:15 PM

Although i think fish and chips at the cheese cake factory is right up there .

Cheesecake factory fries: Got these when i went! LOL

• HamdenPro
    2,464 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 2:21 PM

craigswan:

At the moment, the Steak & Lobster at Outback is $35.99 and bloomin onion is not included.

For the same price, I could get 5 lobsters and a side.

So, enjoy the outback! I will stick with the lobsters ala' carte.

• HamdenPro
    2,464 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 2:24 PM

craigswan:
    Although i think fish and chips at the cheese cake factory is right up there

I think it is time you turned your passport back into Her Majesty's Passport Office, they are removing you as a British citizen.

EDIT: Or is it now His Majesty's Passport Office?

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 3:31 PM

HamdenPro:

craigswan:

At the moment, the Steak & Lobster at Outback is $35.99 and bloomin onion is not included.

For the same price, I could get 5 lobsters and a side.

So, enjoy the outback! I will stick with the lobsters ala' carte.

Notwithstanding the exchange in the dollar, I won't tell you how much 5 lobsters would cost in Ontario...lol

One lobster dinner at the Keg restaurant is $52 plus tax.... 

ouch !!

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 9:58 PM

HamdenPro:
    right up the road from you Joe

Up the road...... That's funny Stef

You sound like a "Mainiac" person from Maine... Not maniacal.

"You caaaan't get they-ah from he-ah" You can't get there from here.

Next time you are up in Arcadia whip in & grab some for me on your way home. You can give them to me on the course. Dry ice is recommended, be very careful with it

I know a couple of Plymouth guys, & I still dive a couple times a year. My bag will hold 54 lbs. of lobsters. No matter the size. I find I have to always let between 5 & 12 out of the bag or I won't ascend to the surface with all the weight.

I will tell you when seeing them in their own environment you go to grab what you think is a pound & a 1/2er, you end up grabbing a jumbo shrimp. your mask will magnify 25 - 30%

When you see a 2 lb., you think you have a 5 pounder. It's science

Came up one day off Duxbury & there was a guy with a shotgun pointing right at me. I was NEAR a field of buoys. WHY? Cause that's where the lobsters are. He did not like me saying that to him. 

After all, I was right. Thankfully my buddy was on his boat with a shotgun as well. Apparently, there are a lot of people with shotguns on boats.  YIKES

• SamSpayed
    4,997 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2023 11:06 AM

Feel Good Friday

• ScottHope
    10,312 Posts
    Sun, Sep 10 2023 9:06 AM
    Carrot Cookie
RSS