Forums

Help › Forums

ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS..

Mon, Apr 29 2024 8:55 PM (1,175 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,315 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 12:49 PM

HamdenPro:
    I guess Patrick Stewart.

He ain't that cute.  ; )

• HamdenPro
    2,464 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2023 8:05 PM

• HenryKawa
    1,724 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2023 1:02 PM

Hello Folks.  The one-and-only HENRY KAWA here.  Its nice to be back in the city from the lake.  I will be around all winter so can take part in the forums once again.  The forums have been pretty dry and boring lately - since I haven't been around.  Lets have fun and liven things up.     Then in March I will be taking a trip to Phoenix again.   I would like to meet up with someone once I'm down there.  Anyone from WGT live in the Phoenix area?    

• HamdenPro
    2,464 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2023 8:08 PM

HenryKawa:
    The one-and-only HENRY KAWA here

Sorry to disappoint Henry, there are 12 Henry Kawas' on Facebook. According to Spokeo, there are 11 in the US. There are even more in Canada.

There are even 2 on WGT!

Seems Henry Kawas are a dime a dozen.

But....there is only 1 official Henry Kawa talking doll. Available soon. It makes a great holidays gift for those you don't love.

• ScottHope
    10,315 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2023 12:49 AM
  • craigswan
    31,518 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2023 3:21 AM
    Welcome back Henry .
  • HamdenPro
    2,464 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2023 3:06 PM

Golfer breaks world record for most 18-hole courses played in one year

Jack McKessy
    USA TODAY, October 18, 2023

"For most people who golf, playing 18 holes is plenty of golf for one day. Golf photographer Patrick Koenig is not most people.

At the start of this year, he set out to break the world record for most 18-hole golf courses played in one year, a record that previously stood at 449 courses.

On Oct. 17, Koenig (unofficially) broke the record when he played his 450th course at Omni Interlocken in Broomfield, Co.

As of Wednesday, the record is still unofficial as Guinness World Records still needs to review all evidence. According to their website, the process of reviewing the application for a world record could take up to 12 weeks.

The photographer is not done yet with about a month and a half left in 2023. Koenig hopes to hit 500 golf courses by the time the year is over, making his new world record even more unbreakable.

Koenig's run represents the first time someone has broken the record in over a decade.

From April 2008 through March 2009, Jonathan and Cathie Weaver set the previous record by playing 449 18-hole courses over the course of 365 days. According to the official Guinness World Records website, the couple averaged 8.6 golf courses per week

For Koenig to break the record in just 287 days, he averaged about 11 courses per week and 1.6 courses per day. To hit 500, the photographer will need to have averaged 9.6 courses per week and about 1.4 courses per day."

Above taken from USA Today, 10/18/2023

Golfer Patrick Koenig breaks Guinness Record for most 18-hole rounds (usatoday.com)

• SamSpayed
    4,998 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2023 2:24 AM

Feel Good Friday

• HenryKawa
    1,724 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2023 12:28 PM

Steff,

Your funny.  lol.   I like the Kawa doll.  Where do I buy them?

You are right.  I found a lot of Henry Kawa's.   I thought that was a unique name.   But, when I say Henry Kawa is the one and only, I mean that "I" am one of a kind, not necessarily meaning that the name is one of a kind.  

Talk to you again Steff.   You are the best!  I like you.

Your friend,

Henry (one and only) Kawa!

• ScottHope
    10,315 Posts
    Fri, Oct 27 2023 1:36 AM

RSS