Forums

Help › Forums

TaylorMade R11 iron set L90

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 4 2011 1:58 PM (4 replies)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2011 9:39 AM

i need some feed back,i have the TaylorMade Burner 2.0 L79.       for the price is it worth the $$$$$,and for those of you that got them,and had the Burner 2.0,do you fell the differance......ty for your feed back in advance :)

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:02 AM

I heard from a guy in IRC, said it was normal play with them to stop on iron close to the pin on Oak 9, with the evil pin. Heard somewhere if the forum the distance gaps are 15 yards across the board. I hope this helps.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:33 AM

They added 5 yards to the 3-8 irons, left the 9 at 135 and dropped the PW to 120. The meter seems about the same but the biggest thing I've seen so far is that the middle irons actually hop backwards when they land with spin in certain conditions. The rollout of the longer irons is easier to control and you find yourself attacking pins where in the past you might have finessed the shot.

If you play by feel like I do  there is a little bit of learning to do but for the most part the way the longer irons act is enough to warrant getting them. The PW only punches 103 but with the drop of 5 yards in the full swing it isn't a big deal so the gap remains consistent at 15 yards all the way up to the 3 iron.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2011 11:04 AM

ty vm for the feedback ,i am buying them ....:)

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2011 1:58 PM

frappefort:

ty vm for the feedback ,i am buying them ....:)

after trying them on a couple of close to the hole games,i am glad i bought them..:)...the feedback from YankeeJim and SgtDoodles,are dead on,the ajustements are verry small almost the same .The feel for the long irons are the best so far for me ...i recommend them :)

RSS