Help › Forums

Game will not list 3 wood for sale

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 24 2022 9:18 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 4:44 PM

I purchased a 3 wood last year, "Callaway Epic Speed" (level 86, I think.) Now I have purchased recently a 3 Wood, "Max Meter L92+"

But when I go to the sell your clubs screen, the only wood shown is the Max Meter, and it is equipped. I have tried changing to the default WGT starter wood, but only the Max Meter wood appears on the sell your clubs screen. I even tried equipping the Callaway wood, but only the Max Meter one shows up.

I also have 2 drivers and they both appear on the sell your clubs screen, one is equipped, the other is not.

What is going wrong that I cannot sell my old Callaway wood?

Should I try using the web page to sell my club, instead of launching the game and using the sell your clubs section?

Thank you,

billsmini10

• HamdenPro
    2,462 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2022 8:50 PM

There have been a few threads in these forums in the past where people were having similar problems. Some were as a result of having clubs in the old four set bags which were left behind on the flash version, others, the game would just not let them sell the club or the club did not show up in the inventory.

It appears the general consensus is to send an email; about the club you wish to sell to members@worldgolftour.com.  I am told WGT will handle the sale for you.

Good Luck.

• ScottHope
    10,308 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 2:23 AM
     HamdenPro:
    Some were as a result of having clubs in the old four set bags which were left behind on the flash version...

I'm not sure that's the only issue here. My driver, 3 wood and wedges...

...are all apparently worthless now on the secondhand market, and I've never owned a bag.  : (

• Cel7
    107 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 3:42 AM

I have a bagful of clubs that based on recent games are apparently completely useless to me....free to a good home....ill even pay ya to take my putter....:)

• billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 8:29 AM

I never played the flash version.

I'm going to check the Pro Shop and see if this Wood is still available for sale. If it's not available in the Pro Shop, I'll assume it has been discontinued.

billsmini10

• ScottHope
    10,308 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 9:06 AM

I don't believe discontinuation of the product is the key here Bill. None of my clubs are currently purchasable in the shop, but my irons and putter...

...still have a resale value, whereas the clubs mentioned in my previous post, do not.

• billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 9:15 AM

I went to the Pro Shop and this club has been replaced by an identical 3 wood with a different Model name. Mine is Callaway 3 Wood Epic Speed (86+) and the replacement is Callaway Rogue 3 Wood (86+). I also noticed all the Callaway Woods are of the Rogue model name and have a "New" tag on them.

So I guess I'll keep this club, it has served me for awhile and is a decent club. 

Thank you,

billsmini10

• ScottHope
    10,308 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 10:15 AM

This might be a deliberate act by WGT to increase revenue or it may be a glitch, I don't know. Be interesting to know, if it is deliberate, what the criteria is for a product losing its resale value.

Cheers Bill.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 1:06 PM

ScottHope:

This might be a deliberate act by WGT to increase revenue or it may be a glitch, I don't know. Be interesting to know, if it is deliberate, what the criteria is for a product losing its resale value.

Cheers Bill.

I think clubs that have been given away by WGT in tap in rewards or through steam purchases of bundles can not be re-sold back.

Maybe these clubs were at one point given away in a bundle purchase and thus causing a glitch to not be able to re-sell those even if they were purchased outside the bundle?

• ScottHope
    10,308 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2022 2:13 PM

Sounds feasible, bit disappointing for those of us that paid though.  : |

• PAGES
RSS