Forums

Help › Forums

Who holds the Record

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 27 2012 11:12 AM (30 replies)
  • Penners
    1,707 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:24 PM

I'm not normally one to go posting my scores on here, but I'd been looking for an answer as to how many people have won the Diamond Birdie Awards and a fellow CC member pointed me here.

Well, at this risk of being labelled as holding "inside technical knowledge", I can be added to the list (I'm sure more are out there). I did it 2 days ago in a CC Tournament:

Also, while I'm here, it would be nice if WGT could address the Birdie streak issue where if you score an Eagle/Albatross it ends the Birdie streak - there are definately players out there that have scored Under Par on all 18 holes, and haven't won the Diamond Award, which seems really unfair...

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:50 PM

Impressive!

Regards

• Penners
    1,707 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:57 PM

Thanks Genorb, appreciate it, even more so from a player of your class. I doubt it'll be too long before you join the list as well...

Cheers

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 3:12 PM

Very impressive congrats. I could not imagine in my wildest dreams on this game, having every hole go perfect. Not with what I have experienced in my 1200 plus rounds. Again, congrats on the 18 in a row, my best to date is 6 in a row.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 4:11 PM

Excellent there Penners!! Best for me was I shot 9 on a front 9! Never have I done it over 18! So my congratulations to you sir on a job very well done!!! Keep up the great shooting!!

Master Yoda

• Penners
    1,707 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 5:26 AM

Thanks for the congrats guys!

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 7:09 AM

We have a new member 2 "the Diamond Birdie Streak-club", that is 18birds in a row: rowlets 

So that makes 6 in total right now I think

1. AvatarLee
    2. Bollox
    3. WhyYouLoveMe
    4. Elvinomepego
    5. Penners
    6. rowlets

Curious who will be next on. Hot favorites are genorb and dansamcam I think...we'll see 

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 8:06 AM

With today's equipment there's another guy who would be on that list:  Tibbets!  He retired from this game a long time ago, back when we were essentially using hickory stick club shafts and gutta percha balls.

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 8:10 AM

Doublemochaman:
    With today's equipment there's another guy who would be on that list:  Tibbets! 

Guess u're right, though it was possible 2 do in that era 2. AvatarLee did it a long time ago (thought it was from the redtees) when tibbets was still around. Think he even deliberatly missed an eagle putt 2 keep the streak going...imagine :-)

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 8:46 AM

GoodyChamp:
    Guess u're right, though it was possible 2 do in that era 2. AvatarLee did it a long time ago (thought it was from the redtees) when tibbets was still around. Think he even deliberatly missed an eagle putt 2 keep the streak going...imagine :-)

"deliberately" miss an Eagle putt to keep a "birdie" streak alive. I can't EVEN imagine the SELF CONFIDENCE!.. ahhh, I'll miss this eagle so I can birdie the next few holes to win the Diamond...Unbelievable...lol.

RSS