• PAGES
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 9:32 AM

How many members actually take notes ? 

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 10:06 AM

I used to take lots of notes when i first started.  Now its all so repetitive notes are not needed.   Although I do sometimes jot down par 3 shots that are dead on including a ding.

Cheers,

b0gey

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 10:06 AM

At first I didn't, then I did, now I hardly look at them.  But it was part of the process for me.  C

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 10:14 AM

I would imagine that everyone that becomes great has taken some notes. Different notes, different ideas, perhaps, but to become really good there is some kind of process that changes with time...that is the fun part of it. 

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 10:29 AM

I never took notes, on paper that is. I made and still make a few mental notes from time to time. So mostly for me it's feel. Especially when putting. I'll line up my putt to counteract the break (if there is one) and sometimes it just 'feels' like it's perfectly lined up. And I would say I'm either dead on with my feeling or very close. My only problem is hitting that stupid ding. lol. So anyways, yeah in the beginning I took mental notes. Then as I started to learn the courses and I took less and less. Now I'm to the point where I know almost immediately what club I want to use and how much power to give it. So now it's down to execution of those shots. In time I'm sure you'll be able to do the same. Just got to put the time in and practice. Take care and good luck to ya!

Master Yoda

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 10:36 AM

Keep trying Yoda you might be really good one of these days.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 10:39 AM

Thanks, all for the reply's the reason for the question is seeing a lot of inconsistency , don't know if it's me ( being off on my mental notes ) or something else. 

One example is ( check out my post on  Trouble with my Cleveland's )  in equipment and Avatars

Thanks 

Gary

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 4:40 PM

I don't keep notes but keep thinking maybe I should, especially on Oakmont, never seem to remember which side of the green is better to miss on or which green rolls toward the hole.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 4:57 PM

Would be a good idea, but I am so lazy. And besides, if I take notes, soon I will forget where I put them. Even my mind is lazy at times... I play by feel and  I'm not that bad. Play a lot and that helps.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2011 5:02 PM

SweetiePie:
    Keep trying Yoda you might be really good one of these days.

Thanks sweetiepie! I keep hoping every time I log on that this might be the day that I become really good, but my hopes are dashed with each passing putt! :( lol. So close to legend and it's so hard to get that average down the last little bit. Hopefully one day very soon I can join the legend ranks. Until then, I'll just keep trying. :)

• PAGES
RSS