Forums

Help › Forums

Wedge on the green

Mon, Feb 19 2018 5:51 PM (3 replies)
  • Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 8:10 PM

I have a question:  What is wrong with making use of your wedge on the green if the putt seems impossible to make? I have played with several players who did and I admired their results.  I admired it enough to spend the time and balls to perfect it (not that it is perfect), but I have it working very well.I played a sore loser who just could not choke down a 24ft chip in on the green for birdie.I see absolutely nothing wrong with a player "polishing" a unique shot until it works. I wonder if a putter shot from the bunker to the cup would be wrong too.??------Maybe I will try that next !       Romax

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 4:09 AM

nothing in the rules to say that you must carry a putter. change it for a wedge if you prefer.

rule4-4

though make sure your good at using that club on the green, beware of slow play.

rule 6-7

• girlyman0
    33 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 12:09 PM

Ran out of shot pal ,was a bad round anyway with nothing to lose I used a putter for a 27 yard out of a bunker and got to 18 inches of the hole for a birdie, I should try it again some time to see if it was a fluke

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 5:51 PM

Nothing wrong with it at all, and IMO don't waste your time worrying about those that have a problem with it.

RSS