Forums

Help › Forums

just saying Hi...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 13 2011 8:36 AM (8 replies)
  • jsteveb07
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2011 5:25 PM

Hey everybody. My name is Steve. I've only been playing for a couple of days, but I'm having a blast. Unfortunately, I don't have a PhD in quantum physics, so I may never be able to putt in this game. (not really joking here... putting is way to hard campared to the rest of the game and it may scare off casual players like myself)

Anyway, nice to be here...

Steve

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2011 9:25 PM

Hey Steve, welcome to WGT.  I thought the same thing when I first started playing, but then I realized that it's just very realistic.  You will get it down with a lot of practice.  Glad you are enjoying though and hope you continue to.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2011 9:34 PM

Check out the putting FAQ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Will greatly accelerate your learning curve.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2011 10:49 PM

Welcome aboard Steve,

Check out the Forums for a Plethora of generous info on Putting and Chipping!

here's a start

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/559.aspx

• 2trueblue2
    159 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2011 11:03 PM

Gday mate, the golf game is only one aspect of wgt, just you wait till you make some great friends on this ,it just adds to the experience, by the way WELCOME have fun , 2TRUEBLUE2

• Danmark2010
    805 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2011 11:37 PM

Hello Steve i just want to say welcome to WGT ,and it is the most popular game online ,and abaut your putt is coming in time just have passion and same practic game and all come to you ,Enjoy and have a good golfing.Cheers Danmark2010.

• dryspot
    723 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 1:18 AM

hi Steve and welcome to wgt and yes putting is some what hard but with

practice you will get better have fun and enjoy.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 5:24 AM

Welcome Steve.

I always putt using the reverse view. It's much easier to read the green that way and i think the breaks are truer from this view.

Have Fun!

Dazza

• bigred36
    47 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 8:36 AM

Lots of good tips up there, been there, done that.  Practice IS the key to good putting, and unfortunately, WGT will not provide a driving range or putting green to use.  I practiced on several courses playing practice rounds, and putting back and forth on the greens until I had used up my 11 allowed shots.  You WILL become better, and will develop your own "system" of putting as you go along so don't get discouraged.  One tip:  Don't change from the beginners putter thinking a new one will help!  Many higher tier players still carry and use the beginners because of its slow speed.  Have fun, and you will meet some great folks here who will be happy to give you advice as you progress!  GL and hit 'em far and straight!

Red

RSS