Forums

Help › Forums

Meter problem

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 22 2011 12:43 PM (22 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2011 9:58 PM

Heh-Check out what 8buster8 says here.  His fix was ridiculously easy. He came to me for meter help and the first thing I asked him to do was send me a picture of his msconfig startup window. Sure enough, every single box was checked which meant every single program in the file started on boot up. Filled that RAM right up and hardly left anything to play the game with. Stuttering, jerking, meter stalls, the whole smash. 

You saw what he said after addressing it.  :-)

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 6:02 AM

thebigeasy707:
    for what it's worth..my meter's been behaving gracefully.

I would imagine that is due to the fact that you are a very graceful person, you might want to give ballet a shot

meanwhile, back to the real world, if you read the meter threads and posts, you will see your gracefullness does not spread throughout the whole community of wgt\

glad you survived the choking

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 6:49 AM

YankeeJim:

You saw what he said after addressing it.  :-)

Heh X2! How could I forget that you mentioned this to me, too!

It was a while ago, but I DID change to "Selective Start-up" and was able to whack over half of the items in my start-up list! I've still got about 11 items checked, but it definitely helped quicken my start-up time, and left my particular system with about 5-8% more RAM to work with.

Add the "msconfig trim job" to my previous post's list of "Done That's" !

Belated TY's are in order, YJ.   :))

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 7:09 AM

PugsAce:
    Belated TY's are in order, YJ.   :))

LOL. Tx, Pug, but none necessary. That msconfig file gets treated like the red headed step child and ignored more times than not. We have the same meter so I guess we're the fortunate ones.

I did discover something that was causing an occasional problem recently. I was getting a consistent putting meter stuttering that showed up out of nowhere. The other meters, tee and fairway, were fine. Since I played with nothing else going on I thought it should be easy to figure out. It took a few looks but when I checked the processes running I noticed AVG activity. Checking that control panel showed the most recent update right when I started having the trouble.  It was time stamped so easy to see. That scheduled update of the anti-virus program was causing the problem. Rebooting the system immediately erased the stutter.

The moral of the story is to know how your anti virus update schedule, and any other automatic updates for that matter, coincide with your gameplay. 

• gofbals
    178 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 10:16 AM

Shut off automatic dls--All the stuff we need to do on our end to keep our comp in the ready also has to be done with wgts servers as well.Then theirs your isp's and the weather and hangovers it goes on and on gl.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2011 4:49 AM

PRIESTESS:
    ]Do you ever say anything Nice?give me your address il send them happy pills

Miss pristey, You have a slow mind if you can see anything that was not nice, or are you just looking for an argument.

If you are looking for an argument, post to my wall, and I will be happy to argue with you, I love a good argument, but Icon does not want that, so LETS GO AT IT ON THE WALL

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2011 4:51 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAH,You crack me up!!.Miss Rambo!

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2011 8:32 AM

x1524807:
    so LETS GO AT IT ON THE WALL
     I bet you have said that a few times:)

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2011 8:40 AM
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2011 9:57 AM

PRIESTESS:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH,You crack me up!!.Miss Rambo!

Yupps......there's definitely something about Little Miss Vinegar Knickers I like.

Can be annoying and funny at the same time :)

TBE

RSS