1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 16 2011 2:26 PM

the last 15 day is impossibol to game

the meter system is not to controll.

is very sory, and not gratis!!!!!!

• royphillips1
    1,278 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 11:48 AM

A good way l found to have an almost  Glitch free Meter is to change The Browser l had lnternet-Explorer changed to Google Chrome  its  far superior for  gameing and general Browsing in my Opinion.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 3:10 PM

I had a dodgy meter so changed to google chrome and also downloaded a programme called GAME BOOSTER onto my computor. It works smooth as any-thing now. I really suggest you get it if you are having problems. Download for free.

• henRs11
    5 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 8:31 PM
    dear sir/madam im level 36 tour pro 71 i just finished 4 under and will not go below 70 why is this? thank you for your time  hope to hear from you soon
  • x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2011 2:56 AM

mel1950:
    so changed to google chrome and also downloaded a programme called GAME BOOSTER onto my computor. It works smooth as any-thing now. I really suggest you get it if you are having problems. Download for free.

good luck, did the same, and did not last long. I do not think meter problem can be fixed, just improved. Some days perfect, some days not. Someday google works, somedays opera works, somedays firefox works and somedays IE works. I would suggest  you load them all, and then be prepared to switch in the middle of the game, if you are having troubles. That is the only solution I have found, and that is after maybe 1000 games

• peacher
    111 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2011 7:35 AM

meter stuttering or slipping past mark after you click. either way i switched out of google chrome to another browser and it helped alot, i almost quit until i found another browser

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2011 8:16 AM

I really feel for you guys/gals... I really do.

I used to have SEVERE meter problems, i.e. speed-ups, jerky thangs, skippity doo-dahs, etc... (just check some of my old posts about it). But for the last coupla months, or so, I've not had ANY problems. They've disappeared. Entirely. Forever, I hope.

Along with my meter problems, I had generally jerky graphics during gameplay, i.e. ballflight-path skips, balls rolling on greens stuttering, "grid-dots" moving erratically, and slow-loading when changing views... (sometimes I still have slight problems with these things).

However (and I'm sorry for this), I can't put my finger on what I've changed that has had the greatest effect towards my improved meter and graphics. I've not changed any hardware and at this point, am afraid to even update my video drivers. (Maybe it was the last update that "cured" everything for me).

I usually (even when NOT experiencing problems) keep ALL my system's drivers/programs upgraded and I DO NOT ADVOCATE FOREGOING UPDATES, but I'd suffered for sooo long with sub-par video performance here at WGT... and since I've found relief from my everyday head-banging... that I made my own decision to "hold-off" on any related changes to my own system's graphics.

Some of the plethora of things I DID DO that almost certainly have had an impact:

I keep my Adobe FlashPlayer up-to-date.

Along with this, I clear my Flash Cache regularly (to keep-up with WGT's programming/data changes).

I use SRWARE's Iron Browser.

I've found it works best with my setup. I've used Google's Chrome with similar success, but the "stripped-down" Iron seems best for me. And I use it exclusively for WGT - Gameclient, Forums, Messages, Friend's Activity, etc...

During Gameplay and general WGT "Iron-browsing", I utilize a single core from my multi-core(Quad) processor.

I've setup a desktop shortcut that switches my system's core affinity to a single core when I choose to run my Iron Browser. (The browser then utilizes that single core to process the Flash-intensive WGT Game and related pages. - The widely-accepted theory being that Flash runs better through one core. I don't totally understand the "techie-ness" behind this... but it seems to have made a difference for me.)

I've downloaded and installed "Leatrix Latency Fix".

It was a simple file download/install that has DEFINITELY helped speed-up my loading times. Initial loads at game-starts, camera-view changes, etc... are lightning-quick. I noticed an immediate improvement with my load issues after installing this.

I periodically clear-out my browser's temp files and cookies.

Simple enough thing to do. Sometimes before, sometimes after playing, I clear them using the options in Iron's browser. This helps to allow "fresh stuff" to update/populate the browser's stored WGT files, reducing any delays/conflicts between newer and older ones.

I've "MAXED-OUT" ALL THE QUALITY COMPONENTS OF MY SYSTEM'S VIDEO SETTINGS, as well as, ALL OF MY WGT GAME SETTINGS.

This is one of the last things I tried doing. Whether or not it was a coincidence, it seemed to have made a difference. I set ALL my video card's quality components to FULL QUALITY as well as activated ALL the "quality stuff" in the game settings, i.e. "BEST" video quality, Flag Animation, Avatar Motion, etc...

I have no clue WHY this could've worked to help my meter/graphics.

Is having all of these set so graphically-intensive "forcing" my system's video capabilities to, sort of,  "focus" my computer's resources on the game? IDK

Links and further info about ALL this stuff has been offered many times throughout these forums, so if anyone's interested in any of it, it would behoove them to do the searches and read-up on each one's (+)'s and (-)'s, as everyone has their own opinions as to whether or not doing any of this matters.

Oh... I tried GameBooster, and it seemed to help a bit in the past, but I haven't been using it since my problems cleared up. It just doesn't seem necessary with my current setup.

Right now, I can't think of anything else... other than offering my system's specs for reference:

System:

OS Name   Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
    Version   6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
    OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer   Dell Inc.
    System Model   Studio 540
    System Type   x64-based PC
    Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q8200  @ 2.33GHz, 2336 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date   Dell Inc. 1.1.3, 8/25/2009
    SMBIOS Version   2.5
    Windows Directory   C:\Windows
    System Directory   C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device   \Device\HarddiskVolume3
    Hardware Abstraction Layer   Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   6.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory   6.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory   4.39 GB
    Total Virtual Memory   12.1 GB
    Available Virtual Memory   9.53 GB
    Page File Space   6.29 GB
    Page File   C:\pagefile.sys

Display:

Name   ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
    Adapter Type   ATI display adapter (0x9598), ATI Technologies Inc. compatible
    Adapter Description   ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
    Adapter RAM   256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)
    Installed Drivers   aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
    INF File oem87.inf (ati2mtag_RV630 section)
    Color Table Entries   4294967296
    Resolution   1440 x 900 x 59 hertz
    Bits/Pixel   32
    Driver   c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6210, 299.00 KB (306,176 bytes), 1/26/2011 5:13 PM)

Couple other things...

I use McAfee VirusScan - never allow that to run/update during gameplay.

I only have one window open in the browser (The Gameclient window) while playing.

I haven't found it necessary to stop my "running widgets" (on my desktop - weather, calendar, cpu meter, etc...).

If my "Physical Memory Usage" (checked in Task Manager or with widget) gets above 50% before starting play, I reboot my system to lower it, first. Usually it's running around 25-35% before playing.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope some of this helps.

GL

:^)

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2011 7:50 PM

PugsAce:
    Sorry for the long post, but I hope some of this helps.

sorry to say, no it does not help. WGT has done a good snow job on this with all the fixes, and all the things to do. Always the blame on your computer

Last night playing on the opera browser things got very rough, so I switched to Chrome, and smooth as silk, so no more of the story it is your computer. This meter has a mind of its own, and you can throw all the fixes. I have had weeks of perfect meter, but the skippy, stop on a dime, oops it went right by the mark etc will always come back, because for what ever reason, this meter will do a 180 at any given time, and fixes are only as good as how long the meter will behave itself.  I have this theory that WGT wants it this way, otherwise the game would be too easy

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2011 8:26 PM

x1524807:

sorry to say, no it does not help.

lol...i just choked on my coffee.

for what it's worth..my meter's been behaving gracefully.

tbe

• vttb
    10 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2011 9:05 PM

royphillips1:

A good way l found to have an almost  Glitch free Meter is to change The Browser l had lnternet-Explorer changed to Google Chrome  its  far superior for  gameing and general Browsing in my Opinion.

Sometimes we have problems with the meters. I am using Chrome and still have prob sometimes. 

RSS