Forums

Help › Forums

Ads are more than just a nuisance...

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 23 2011 5:09 AM (2 replies)
  • Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2011 11:19 PM

The banner ads at the top of the page are a nuisance plus they overlap Stats, Appearance and other access points that prohibit you from using data from your own profile. I wouldn't call this a bug--but it sure bugs me. If I want to shop, I'll go online and do my own search. 

WGT has long abandoned its stated purpose of providing a fun site for golf and virtual friends--its become a virtual pop up maze--delays in loading games so we can watch a stupid commercial. If you're going to continue (and I'm sure you will) at least postion the ads so they don't prohibit a member from changing their pic or checking their stats.

Thanks---------------------------Lisa03

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 4:39 AM

Lisa03:
    If I want to shop, I'll go online and do my own search. 

Well at least the ads you get here  then would be for things you're looking for.  ;-)

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 5:09 AM

Ahhh the hated ads!!   I hate looking and waiting on an ad to load so much;  that  earlier this year I added   Adblock plus for Chrome and Adblock to Foxfire so I dont ever have to see another Ad on here again.      It also helped in my loading times Lisa...

Hope this helps anyone who doesnt know the power of "Not having to see an Ad again"   :)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

Happy Holidays

Ox

RSS