Forums

Help › Forums

Contacting members and friends

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 20 2013 4:09 PM (9 replies)
  • Yuletool
    5 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 4:36 AM

Can some one tell me if there is a way to contact more than one person at a time. I have friends i would like to invite to my country club and i have club news that i would like to be able to send to more than one person at a time. is this possible and if so how?

Yuletool

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 11:35 AM

Not easily, still in the stone age as far as communications are concerned.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 11:41 AM

I know it is possible because I received some messages of this kind from Zagraniczniak. But I don't know how to do it. Zag can probably explain to us if he reads this.

Regards

• cwil58
    21 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 1:02 PM

you can use invite friends outside of wgt, Inside I have no clue

• twichipper
    424 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 1:37 PM

Yessir, I belive there is. say if you want to send a replay to someone,set it up who you want to send it to, then at the bottom, there is a spot which says to include a message. best way I know...brag on a shot, say hello and invite them to your club.....best to you :<)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 12:19 AM

genorb:

I know it is possible because I received some messages of this kind from Zagraniczniak. But I don't know how to do it. Zag can probably explain to us if he reads this.

Regards

First, you need to be friends. Then I go to one of the friend's profiles and click the button at the top that says "send a message". The new message box will appear with that friend's name in the recipient line (in a box, with a red X).

Click next to that person's name and another small box will appear. Start typing the name of another friend. The program will offer to 'auto-complete' the name, for example if I type a Y, I will get a list of friends starting with Y, if I then make it Ya I will probably get just Yankee Jim. Move down to click the name you want. Click again in the recipient box to add another name. etc.

If you change your mind and want to delete the person from the original list of recipients before you send the message, click the red X next to that person's name.

When the message is complete, click 'start the conversation'.

Then when people reply to the message, it will automatically go to everyone in the list. A thread of messages is formed in this way. I did not find a way to remove someone from the thread. Instead, I had to start a new thread of messages without that person.

I seem to recall that once the thread is created, everyone will get the messages going back and forth even if they are not all friends with one another, but were only friends with the original sender.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 1:10 AM

Go easy on my friend Piz there.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 4:32 AM

Still very complex though, you'd think they'd make it easier. Another way is to do a blog post of course.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 4:46 AM

piztaker:
    Still very complex though, you'd think they'd make it easier.

Exactly. The strange and counter-intuitive aspect (I'm almost tempted to say 'paranormal') is that (as far as I can tell) you cannot write a message by going to "My Messages." That only shows you existing messages - there is no option there that I could find to simply write a new message to somebody.

4,228 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2013 4:09 PM

zagraniczniak:

Click next to that person's name and another small box will appear. Start typing the name of another friend. The program will offer to 'auto-complete' the name, for example if I type a Y, I will get a list of friends starting with Y, if I then make it Ya I will probably get just Yankee Jim. Move down to click the name you want. Click again in the recipient box to add another name. etc.

Tried this, does not work.  Tried combinations of letters, even typing the exact name and still get NO MATCHES.  Other times I will get a name with letters not matching at all.  Makes no sense.  After all this time, no fix?  I have to message a dozen members individually?

Get with it, WGT!

RSS