Forums

Help › Forums

What next?

Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:31 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Zimbabwe6
    4 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 10:20 AM

I am looking for some advice from all these experts out there. I have reached level 50 and have bought an Rll 10.5 driver which is going well. What should I buy as my next 3 purchases and in what order?

Thx

Zim6

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 9:36 PM

You asked for advice from the 'experts' so I don't think that I quite fit the bill.  ;)  But, I have been around awhile and have managed to claw my way up to the Tour Master tier so I'll give your question some feedback.  Mind you, this is what I'd do if I found myself at your current level & tier and knowing what I know now having been there.

I have looked at your current equipment and this is what I would do.  I'm throwing these out assuming that credits are no issue.

1.  L48 Rapture Irons.  Good distance, slow meter, good all around clubs.   I used          these for quite some time and really liked them.

2.  Upgrade your putter.  I'd wait til you reach L55 and get the Daytona.  I still use it to this day and continue to improve with it.  I also used the Spider but in retrospect I can't give it my recommendation.  I haven't used any of the GhostSpider Putters but you might try renting the L35(?) and see how it works for you.

3.  Wedges.  There are several that are unlocked for you know that will give you better performance than those you have now.  Ultimately, the top Level Cleveland's would be my advice.  But any upgrade you can get at this point will definately improve your short game and knock some shots off your rounds.

Most importantly, everyone finds different things work best for them.  These are my choices based on my game and my experience.  The next guy or gal might completely disagree with my choices.  One of the nice options here at WGT is the ability to rent clubs and give them a try before going all out to buy them.  Weigh all the advice you get, try out some rentals, and ultimately make the best choices for you and your game.

Best of luck to you!  Most of all, enjoy yourself!

Lashe

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 10:29 PM

You caught me on a good day, Zim.  You now own a new Taylor-Made wedge. 

This particular model is pretty much my "go-to" club around the greens.  And judging by the number of top players that also carry it in their bag....I don't think I'm alone.

It takes some time to figure out the various shots, pitch, chip, full, punch, flop, etc., and what they will (or won't) do, but it's well worth it.  This club should last you at least until you reach legend.

Lashe gives some good advice, especially the bit about different things working for different people.  This weekend is free rental weekend.  Take advantage of that if you possibly can, and try out numerous different clubs to see how you like the different meter speeds, spin levels, etc.

I'd probably recommend some premium balls though.  There are some very good, very cheap balls that will give you added spin and distance.  You'll need both. The GI- series of balls are good (despite their very low cost).  The starter balls will still produce good scores....it's just a whole lot harder to do it with them.

And as Lashe says, enjoy yourself!

Jerm

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2011 10:42 AM

That's very surprising because WGT states, as I understand, that you can't buy the R11 until you reach Level 88.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2011 10:54 AM

Not that surprising.  The 10.5 degree, 252 yd R11 unlocks at level 29.

You're correct regarding the 9 degree, 282 yd R11 however...that unlocks at level 88.

Many clubs (especially drivers), come in multiple "versions", with the lower level ones generally being shorter / easier to hit / not as precise.

• Zimbabwe6
    4 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 3:02 AM

Thx Lashe. I value your thoughts and experience. And thx for taking the time to respond.

Zim

• Zimbabwe6
    4 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 3:05 AM

Jerm

Thx for the gift. I wondered where it came from and why! It is helping a lot rather like the one I use for real! Also Thx for the advice and taking the time to respond.

Once I dont Need all my credits for upgrading I will look to return the compliment.

Zim

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 8:29 AM

You're quite welcome Zim.  :-)

Lashe

• Ben110
    38 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 9:41 AM

You could wait until level 62 to get the R9 driver, and i recommend the spider ghost level 35 putter. It is extremely good.

Ben

• gordon0762
    1,152 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 10:19 AM

Hi can anyone explain

when you are taking your backswing the lines on each side of the ding start to

come together from wide to narrow.is it better to wait till they have stopped or

is it better to play as quick as you can...thanks gordon

• PAGES
RSS