Forums

Help › Forums

What's with this new craze?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 1 2011 12:58 AM (48 replies)
  • Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 8:20 PM

As I've said before Ace: "Everyone has the right to play whomever they choose.  Deal with it. :)"

• dandaley
    83 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 8:21 PM

IMO you Sir are a grumpy old man and loner, why not make some good friends to socialize with, join a CC and have some fun. This is a "game" and if you don't play it for fun then why play. You were once a hack or did you forget. Be nice to all it will come back to you, help those who are learning and take advise of those who can teach. Relax.  Breath in, Breath out.  Enjoy the game.

Happy Golfing.!!!!

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 8:26 PM

Maybe they're just exercising their right to do so, as I already said there Nanstar? ;)  I don't read minds.

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 8:34 PM

suppose you can tell anyone anything you want RUSSELL

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 8:50 PM

Oldstir ,  think you missed the bus here. 1'st , I could care less if I ever share a fairway with you. That was not my question or point. You complain about  "under tier"  hacks and pro's trying to join you "AS IF" they were deserving of your obvious prestige. Then you decline a Legend.  That leaves Am.'s , tour-pro's , masters, and TM's.   3 of the 4 being.....you guessed it ,   "under tiers."        Are ya' getting it yet  ? 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 8:58 PM

TheAceFactor:

MBaggese:
    Would love a game sometime Ace,
    Would be happy to play a round of any type with you MBaggese.   ; )

Ace

Awesome Ace!

I'll check your profile on and off, and if you're green I'll send a game invite.

Now only if you had said "I'd like to play around..."...lol!

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 8:59 PM

Appreciate all your comments.  IMO, they were a predictably nice blend of humor, slander, sarcasm and self-aggrandizement.  Thanks for proving my point. :)  That's a wrap for me and try to remember for future before you speak; that nobody is PERFECT?  Least of all me and may God bless each and every one of you?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 9:07 PM

Oldstir:

Hacks and Pros constantly interrupting Searches expecting Legends and TMs might actually play them?  Though it's certainly H&Ps' privilege to do so but why bother?????

I like playing with lower tiered players.  When I get booted from MPC's and have an  itch to play, I regurly join with hacks, ams, pros and TP's.

It's nice in a no pressure game, to watch how they play, and say to myself :dang, I used to do the same darn thing".

Then I'll offer some advice such as..."You need to flop that shot...not chip"

That usually gets a little dialogue going, and I'm able to give a few tips here and there.

Best thing about it is the thanks you get after the game.

It's a nice feeling knowing you have helped someone..a lot like RUNWME is doing these days, if Ihad the credits to burn, I'd do the same as him.

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 9:08 PM

Good friend of mine (Master) invited me to an AS tonight.  As neither of us had any other friends available, we went with random 'Anyone's'.  Wound up getting 2 Hacks, 1 of whom signed up to WGT yesterday, the other has been here since the 12th of the month.  We split up to be fair and had 2 (rematched as we had so much fun) very enjoyable rounds with the newbies. 

It was great to be able to answer their questions and help them find their way around everything WGT related while we played.  The guys soaked up all the info we could give them and I'm willing to bet they're going to enjoy themselves here moreso because we took the time to help them out.  I know I was damn lucky to have some higher tiers do the same for me when I was starting out here.

Lately, I've been seeking out some of the top Legends for a game for the same reasons.  I want to improve my game and feel I can do that best by learning from the best.  No takers yet but I'm going to keep on trying.  :-)  

You Legends that get that late night (well here now at my time anyway) random invite from that damn Lashe guy now know why.  I respect what you have done and want to learn from you.  I'm not a stalker.  Just someone that loves this game and want to learn all I can to reach my maximum potential.....or to just have a laugh, some chat, and watch you kick my butt.

Cheers All!

Lashe 

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2011 9:18 PM

Oldstir:

Appreciate all your comments.

Gotta give it to the OP,he's never borne a grudge towards anyone he's wronged.

RSS