Forums

Help › Forums

What's with this new craze?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 1 2011 12:58 AM (48 replies)
  • bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Sat, Nov 26 2011 8:00 PM

I'm not a great player(just made Tour Master), but I've had the opportunity to play with yoban and a couple of other legends on this game.  That was a great help to me, just watching them play and getting advice from them is a great thing.  

The hacks to TP or even master and tour masters join because they want to learn from the top notch.  IMO

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 2:47 AM

Oldstir:

"We're all hypocrites.  That's why God gave us mirrors." :)

There's a recent post somewhere titled 'Mentoring',

Look it up.

My oldest friend here on WGT first played me when I was a hack.He was supportive,fun,patient and informative..we play to this day and he still wups me lol!

No hypocrites,no smoke,no mirrors,no obfuscation,no mental midget drivel sporting the IQ of a fence post and (lol) no quitting on the 18th green.

You wanna see what a hypocrite or something morbidly akin to it looks like,go look in your own mirror.

God bless,appreciate freedom of choice mate :)

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 9:38 PM

gsoup:

as bad as i play i can probably give 'some' tips to hacks and amateurs because that is how you learn stuff, heck they may have a tip for us that we never thought of because of our tier

Hacks and Pros won't even play each other; let alone TMs and Legends.

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 9:43 PM

No offense but are all you respondents that naive?

My last word on this topic > bash and hate people all you want if that's the best person you can be.  I'll see no more of it.  It's disgusting.  Period.

"We're all hypocrites.  That's why God gave us mirrors."

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 11:10 PM

I'm right in the middle as a master, and I love both playing with legends that kick my butt even when I get to play from the ladies' tees (you know who you are) and some alt-shot with total newbs.

What I hate is when some newer players are quick to quit, but you know they are only cheating themselves. Couple of hits on a ball wasted, no big deal. While we are in the "waiting room"* hoping for the quitter to come back I sometimes rant on about sportsmanship--I guess this counts as a teachable moment?

Thank you to all of the really good players who have taken the time to teach me a thing or two! That includes TMs as well--I know more than a few who are legends in an "I only play alt-shot" disguise. You naughty sandbaggers, you.

I got to play a round with Lizzie once and it was superfun!  

*Oooh, idea! I am going to write another post about this one.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2011 5:08 AM

Oldstir:

You're a quitter.

We forgive you.

Have a benevolent day.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2011 8:36 PM

Well, I'm a TM and I just enjoy playing with someone else rather than alone. I play this to relax and enjoy the social aspect of it. If I can help someone, I do. If someone can help me, I thank them.

Ace...any chance you'd like a game, we can discuss good music!!! LOL

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2011 10:58 PM

IvaThongon:

Well, I'm a TM and I just enjoy playing with someone else rather than alone. I play this to relax and enjoy the social aspect of it. If I can help someone, I do. If someone can help me, I thank them.

Ace...any chance you'd like a game, we can discuss good music!!! LOL

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 12:58 AM

Oldstir:

No offense but are all you respondents that naive?

My last word on this topic > bash and hate people all you want if that's the best person you can be.  I'll see no more of it.  It's disgusting.  Period.

RSS