Forums

Help › Forums

What has happened to BPB?

Fri, Dec 2 2011 12:14 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 7:39 PM

Has always been my favorite course to play. Now it is miserable. All the shots I have made over and over don't even come close now. The tree on nbr 2 has obviously grown, it comes into play 3 out of 4 drives, no matter what you do. This is not bad shots, it is definitely a programmed deviation. I have played with several legends who know how to avoid that tree, and of late, they are getting into it and it is automatic 70-80 rough. I just don't understand the reason for it changing like it has. Doesn't make sense.

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 8:04 PM

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 8:14 PM

Cute reply, thanks for the help. Should have expected it. I'll consider the source of the reply and leave it at that. Some of us ask for help, some don't need it.

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 8:21 PM

If there is a programmed deviation taking control of  BPB all of the sudden, and you are obviously doing everything right(proper aim, proper spin, proper club and ding), why are there not 100 other threads just like this one? I get a fair amount of deviations myself, as does just about every other person I play with, but to say that 3 out of 4 times that tree comes into play NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO is flat out BS and you know it...If you hit that tree 3 out of 4 times doing the same "perfect shot", change your aim! The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. But just so you can see that there is in fact something you can do to not hit that tree and end up in that 70/80 rough, load up a round at BPB, and on #2 tee aim right of the fairway and hit your tee shot, and if "3 out of 4" times you hit the tree, then WGT really is out to get you.

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 8:25 PM

renniw52:
    The tree on nbr 2 has obviously grown, it comes into play 3 out of 4 drives, no matter what you do
    play the drive with top spin keep left,:)The shot wont go high enough to reach that overhanging branch

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 8:25 PM

The problem is, you're not asking for help. You're making threads saying you're not hitting bad shots but you're hitting the tree no matter what you do. There isn't a magnet on that tree, I promise...If you want to know how to not hit it, aim 10-12yds right of the tree line, and click your drive on the line before ding...perfect 99% of the time.

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 8:36 PM

SHOT RESULT

I guess that replay didnt work, shame as it was perfect....here's a different one, I clicked a bit later than I wanted, but still worked out...and FWIW, I don't recommend hitting this shot with wind in the replay, I'd probably hit 3w off tee. REPLAY

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 9:05 PM

I agree with Priestess, recently I have taken to use topspin, generally lose some yards, or even can get into the right rough if unlucky with the ding, but  you can get out of that one, not easy from that 60-70...

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 9:07 PM

Thank you all for the replies, Thank you priestess, I have not tried the top spin, I was always told to use back spin. What I was commenting on PGA was that I have only hit that tree 4 times since I have been playing. Lately, even when doing what I always do, I seem to hit the damn tree. Maybe I am insane, but it has worked in the past. Just seemed strange to all of a sudden hit it so much. I'll try all the pointers and see how it goes. As far as WGT being out to get me, I realized that the first dollar I spent on here. It's all good.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 9:14 PM

Renni, but I gotta tell you that from the Tour Master tees, I ALWAYS used backspin and it worked, only when I missed the ding it didn't, or if I didn't set it up correctly. Now, if you use topspin maybe you want to  use a little less on the power, just saying, you are a few yds closer, or use a 3w.

• PAGES
RSS