Forums

Help › Forums

Losers and Quitters

Wed, Dec 7 2011 5:15 PM (26 replies)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 4:03 PM

its been said before ,stick to friends and CC  rarely you find quitters  .......and i know how it fells to have fun on a game ,,and some players, quits first bad shots .....

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 4:10 PM

JuanMendoza:

I don't quit other games, either...

Geeez ,  what do I have to do to "give" a compliment around here ?  ; )

Ace

• Ontime
    1 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 7:22 PM

Couldn't agree with you more.  Whatmakes it worse are quitters who don't come back and you have to forfeit your game and become the loser.

• mecrob
    5 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 10:26 AM

I GO TO THEIR FRIENDS LIST AND SEND MESSAGES TO ALL THEIR FREINDS TELLING THEM THAT THEY ARE QUITTERS LOL

• OmegaManKFH
    113 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2011 10:41 AM

I walked off a game yesterday. Rude bastage. Here's how it went;

I got the invite

Me: gl

Him: Let's just play

Me: I'm not looking for conversation. Just being polite.

Him: Ain't you special

I closed my window, refired it and finished the round alone. If ya can't be polite, then don't invite. 

• MicahMullins
    4 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2011 4:49 PM

It really does suck. I just played a Tour Pro. I was winning by 2 strokes and he disconnected on the last hole and the game crashed. Made me wanna scream...Now that win is not in my stats. Awwwwwwwww.

• kgoslow1
    3 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2011 5:52 PM

I just got screwed again by my partner on an Alt. Shot round. He quit on the last hole and the last stroke. 5 more seconds and it would have been over, but he quits. The losing does not bother me but quitting like he did made me lose what points I would have gotten for just playing. And what about the ones that quit on the first hole, sometimes before the first stroke? They don't care but it really screws their partners up. And lets not forget the peeps that send you a game invite, you leave a stroke play round (playing alone) and they cancel the game on you immediately. Costing you both rounds. Or the ones that start a game and when it comes to the 10th hole QUIT because they thought it was just 9 holes even when winning....And they started the damn game. It screws you up and they should be penalized somehow. It's only fair, quitting should cost you a penalty. And i mean true quitting, not computer or game screw ups.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2011 6:35 PM

Oh brother...grow up

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:52 PM

esssy:

i guess wgt has to make another rule for the people who quit since theres been so many quitting posts in the last 3 months

NEW RULE FOR POINTS

by the tiers>>>> player get these points if another player quits

AMATEURS = 200 POINTS

PRO = 250 POINTS

TOUR PRO = 300 POINTS

MASTER = 400 POINTS

TOUR MASTER = 450 POINTS

LEGENDS = 600 POINTS

FOR THE PLAYER WHO QUITS

if a player quits>>>>> after they get deducted level points

AMATEUR = 100 POINTS taken of there level points

PRO = 150 POINTS

TOUR PRO = 200 POINTS

MASTER = 250 POINTS

TOUR MASTER = 300 POINTS

LEGEND = 350 POINTS

NOW THIS SHOULD STOP PLAYERS WHO QUIT ON ALOT OF GAMES TO STOP QUITTING BECAUSE THE AMOUNT POINTS DEDUCTED FROM THERE LEVEL POINTS AND THEY HAVE MORE GOLF TO GET THEM POINTS BACK

Great Idea!  Lets expand it to real life scenario's while we're at it.

Guy walks into the convenience store and totally disregards the woman walking in behind him, allowing the door to shut in her face.  When he gets to the register to pay for his purchase the clerk charges him a $1 fee for his lack of manners.

At the deli counter I hold ticket #14.  Woman walks up to the counter, catches the deli clerks attention, and orders 1/4 pound of cheese.  He quickly fills her order and she's on her way.  Before she gets to the exit, she is approached by the etiquette manager and informed that she is penalized 2 weeks deli service for her faux pas.

Still fuming from my shoddy service at the deli counter I board the local transit bus for my ride home.  I pay my fare and find the lone remaining vacant seat.  At the very next stop an elderly woman boards the bus and slowly makes her way down the aisle with the assistance of her walker.  I look at her with disdain and refuse to give up my seat leaving her to fend for herself in the aisleway.  When I arrive at my stop the driver charges me an additional fare for being inconsiderate to the woman.

Ridiculous?  Absolutely!  Same as it would be to penalize those that quit a game here on a virtual golf game.

Folks....this is a free (not discussing option to purchase upgraded equipment, etc. here) virtual golf game on the internet available to anyone that has a computer and would like to sign in.  We are going to encounter people from all walks of life here.  You are foolish to think that everyone that logs in is going to respect you and have any type of decorum.  Does it suck when someone you enter a game with up and quits on you?  For sure.  Is it reasonable to expect that WGT would set up a penalty system for those that do?  Should we believe that they will hire additional personnel to sift through the complaints of quitters to determine who actually quit and who were disconnected beyond their control and mete out these penalties.  No!  Its never ever going to happen.

Bottom line is;  Some people suck.  Some people have no class.  Some people just don't care what the effect of their actions are on you or me.  Get over it and move on.  If it makes you feel better to post on their wall what a quitter they are, have at it.  Make a forum post here if it eases your pain.  When you log back in tomorrow you stand the chance of encountering the same when you join or create a random game.  The quitters aren't going to go away.

What you can do is take a proactive step to reduce the possibility that you will have to endure yet another quitter.   Make some friends.  Join a CC here and befriend fellow CC members.  Then.....this is the key.......play with those people.  Chances are pretty damn good that they won't quit on you.  And, if they suddenly depart from a game you just might find a message, post on your wall, or a post in your CC forum apologizing and explaining why they suddenly had to leave the game.

I don't expect most of you to read past my first 3 or 4 lines here and I'm sorry to have wasted valuable forum space.  Just my thoughts and my opinions here.

Hit well, Have fun, Enjoy Yourself!

Lashe

RSS