Forums

Help › Forums

Last sleeve of Callaways

Sun, Dec 4 2011 2:53 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 4:05 PM

Enough is enough, I have not lost a ball in a week. Have lost 5 today. One was definitely my fault due to a stupid attempt. Just lost a brand new one on SA nbr 1. Second shot, 30 yrds to pin, 14 mph wind at back 6 to 12 o'clock. Hit it 25 yrds with a touch of backspin. Straight in the burn. NONSENSE. The other ones lost today were very suspect. Time to play with cheap balls and learn all over again. The price of WGT is just getting to expensive, when you know (with certainty) that the lost ball was not really lost, but taken. Yes Renniw has posted a complaint. Not a *** or whine, a Complaint. I really do know the difference between a bad shot, and a jack.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 4:20 PM

renniw52:

Enough is enough, I have not lost a ball in a week. Have lost 5 today. One was definitely my fault due to a stupid attempt. Just lost a brand new one on SA nbr 1. Second shot, 30 yrds to pin, 14 mph wind at back 6 to 12 o'clock. Hit it 25 yrds with a touch of backspin. Straight in the burn. NONSENSE. The other ones lost today were very suspect. Time to play with cheap balls and learn all over again. The price of WGT is just getting to expensive, when you know (with certainty) that the lost ball was not really lost, but taken. Yes Renniw has posted a complaint. Not a *** or whine, a Complaint. I really do know the difference between a bad shot, and a jack.

Um, that was a bad shot, you really think a 14 mph wind is going to add 5 yards to a 30 yard shot?   It wouldn't even add 5 yards to a 60 yard shot.  2ndly, choking down a wedge to 25 yards isn't a good option (assume that is what you hit as you didn't note otherwise), flop or punch is the play from that position.  And 3rd, why would you not use full backspin when there is clearly water to carry?

Sounds like the ball being lost was 100% your fault to me.  And if I recall correctly you have already made a thread whining about this exact same thing before on #1 st. andy, and ppl told you the same thing that I did above, how to properly execute the shot.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 4:49 PM

renniw52:
    Enough is enough, I have not lost a ball in a week. Have lost 5 today

Quit trying to be like me...same thing happened in our CC Best of 18 Tourney to me...one was in the red tho...lol!

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 5:12 PM

Have to agree with B, Renni. Your 50 yarder needs more distance in those short shots. I would have used 35 full bs and still could expect the ball to be short a couple of yds. Wind doesn't affect wedges shots that much, only those 20-31 mph you get from time to time. The more distance, the more effect. You could have expected that 14 mph wind to add 1 or 2 extra yds, but you also lost them by applying some bs. That 50 yarder is a jewel, but short shots with bs need extra yds to compensate, sometimes as much as 10 yds, or even more, depending on lie.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 5:25 PM

Points taken, thank you, glad to hear from you again Bolloxin, been awhile. Thank you all. Will try not to do the same dumb thing again.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 5:53 PM

Hey Renniw, i think there are a few of US out there that are on the same WGT buzz. Hell, i get more than i deserve with the bulls**t outcomes, probably more than most. The thing with me is, if it happens, i think , well, WGT have got me this time, no matter how careful i was. I bet you a million dollars you get shots like a 100yrd wedge with 40% rough travel the full 100yrds with a 7mph tailwind, then get a different result with the exact same shot on the same hole, in the same game (Non single play) Landing at 70yrds, or an important CC game?

F**k it mate, im pissed at the same thing. Now i only spend creds on CC games, and dont bother with the free weeklys. Not even the RG's my man. Why bother when you know it aint gona happen. I only pay to play friends now, and thats the way it is until i see WGT have dropped the VEM ***. Totally disillusioned with it all myself.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 6:29 PM

I hear ya TMO, I just take the good with the bad and try to be nice with outcomes, and the replies. I don't get too upset anymore. I sure get a kick out of some of the comebacks from folks. After almost 1200 games, I'm not the new kid on the block anymore, and have come to expect anything. I just make a comment once in a while to see the feed back. Sometimes they are more fun than the game, and some of them, from the good folk actually help you out. I'm still digging and getting there.

• dacrash
    475 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 7:54 PM

renniw52:

What comes to my mind is, have you never taken a shot in real life and been disappointed or confused by the actual shot? Seem and felt good, but did not turn out good? VEM is the same thing: LIFE. Life is not perfect. Without VEM players would shoot in the teens instead of twenties.

I have my self fallen for the same thing, and made the same shot. I learned to add a touch to the shot and turn off the backspin. I have also landed 10 yards past the hole and spun back into the burn.

Trick is to remember the specifics of the holes that are not straight forward.

You will always have shots that even when hit with a "ding", will not do as you expected for one reason or another. So, just keep playing and the game will come.

dacrash

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 8:23 PM

that same shot happens to all the time on st ann #1 but with a 20 tail wind.

so when i do give it 5 more yards ,,it goes way past hole.lol

its called a wind knockdown(which is physically impossible.

and dont give me grief about lift and drag.as long as the ball is going faster then the wind.you have lift

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 11:36 PM

navigater:
    and dont give me grief about lift and drag.as long as the ball is going faster then the wind.you have lift

Is there lift into the wind?

• PAGES
RSS