Forums

Help › Forums

guys who quit to save ratings!

Tue, Jan 19 2010 9:45 AM (23 replies)
  • dewman07
    5 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2009 1:30 AM
    why play game if your going to quit on a person after a few holes? just to save your pitiful rating? so sad WGT should do something to quitters so they stay and play Wake up losers!
  • tommytheheat
    21 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2009 1:57 AM

perfectly said

• dewman07
    5 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2009 2:11 AM

thanks tommy for your feelings on this issue i was in 4 games in a row and they all quit on me don;t make sense at all does it? i use to play tiger woods online for many years and we never had so many quit like there does on the wgt format un real! hope to play you sometime soon add me as a friend if you want  thanks again

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2009 7:20 AM

There are a number of reasons why someone may leave a game. I have done it when one or more of the players seem to have a connection problem and it takes forever for them to become ready for a shot. I will admit that I have also disconnected when doing REALLY bad on a hole, but it's not because it will ruin my rating. It would be nice if there was a way to "pick up" and take an 8 or some such thing.

I DO usually go back and finish the game as a single when I have time. It's just a game.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 2:45 AM

dewman07:
    why play game if your going to quit on a person after a few holes? just to save your pitiful rating? so sad WGT should do something to quitters so they stay and play Wake up losers!

dewman07 something was done , but not implemented correctly it will return i hope.its called reputation tracking ,a great idea but must be put in place correctly .go through the earlier forum posts of early decenber and you will find out more 

hope this helps chip

• KatieJ
    43 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 4:32 AM
    Dewman..a LOT of times its because someone plays slaow that a player quits. I hate it when someone takes 85 seconds sizing up every shot, this isnt the PGA tour and no one here is a golf pro trying to make the cut
  • Nakedgolferswing
    363 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 5:32 AM
    dewman07, Not all are quitters, yes majority are, played with a friend last nite and she got disconnected from 3 games, it was her computer, she didn't even know what happened...Not sure if there is a way to penalize the quitters but not the disconnected because of computer disconnect????
  • dewman07
    5 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 5:40 AM

well i guess some do get booted off  but alot quit that i play it seems

• dewman07
    5 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 5:41 AM

sorry was my opinion they quit alot when i play is all i meant forgive me please

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 8:55 AM

umm , i forgot what i was going to say cause i cant get my eyes off KatieJ's top ;p

RSS