Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime Tonight 6/25 ***

Sat, Jun 29 2024 11:09 PM (69 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    19,197 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2024 10:56 PM

If they won’t get rid of them, they should improve them. 

Where’s the fist pump for a birdie over 10 feet?  The double fist pump for every eagle?

And truly, I would rise much more gracefully from my putting stance than my poor avatar does.  It’s like a disjointed mannequin . . . or robot with hinges in subtly wrong places.

Ugh.

• Dneirf
    430 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2024 3:05 AM

AlaskanDame:

If they won’t get rid of them, they should improve them. 

Where’s the fist pump for a birdie over 10 feet?  The double fist pump for every eagle? < snip >

Those gestures are in the "Professional Gestures Pack"

You can purchase the "Professional Gestures Pack" in the WGT Pro Shop. It contains over 100 professional gestures from our favorite professional players.

The Professional Gestures Pack also installs the option to toggle professional gestures off or on. But will not disable the default gestures, they are here to stay.

I personally like the "Bogey Gesture" as it helps alleviate the pain with its comical behavior.

• salamicus
    1,018 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2024 3:16 AM

The avatar swings only once. If you let power bar go without making a shot, it won't make a swing anymore ,but launch the shot without any animation, 

So "The Postman Always Rings Twice" and "Avatar Only Swings Once" :)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,549 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2024 3:40 AM

OMG She seems to be in pain despite her smile! Well, no wonder since she's swinging that gigantic iron! LOL

And look at her grip. It's clear that the animator or illustrator who worked on this has no knowledge of golf whatsoever!

• FatFace68
    83 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2024 5:05 AM

On the whole I don't mind it. Not keen on the Ali shuffle it does when putting though. That's going to get old very quickly.

• ElDystoped
    51 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2024 9:31 AM

Go into avatar settings and change faces on the woman avatar.. OMG the smiles are horrific and the teeth!  LOL  Put the clown mask on folks..only way to save "face".. 

• looselugnutz
    1,456 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2024 11:14 AM

Personally, I'd like to see the avatar toss the putter in the air on a missed birdie putt. Either that, or painfully drop to its knees when the putt lips out. 

If they're going to give us animated avatars, at least make the animations worthwhile.

• bossbird
    2,204 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2024 11:17 AM

Chill , like all the other non essential stuff that comes out , we will get used to it . It’s not life threatening , there really is no need to get in a twist over the changes , try to go with the flow . i accept I haven’t always felt this way , but now I get it , there are far more important things going on , to make this really insignificant. 

• MioKontic
    4,617 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2024 11:55 AM

Bossbird is right, there are far more important things in life than a silly golf game.  And it gets sillier with each update - now my avatar has the yips, and when he putts his putter doesn't move (may just be on short putts, not 100% sure), but the ball still goes forward!

Many years ago I used to play Candy Crush.  I was addicted to it, just like I have been to this game.  I got to level 3000+; every 14 days they would release 15 new levels... which I would complete in a few days, then have to wait the remainder of the days for the next set of 15.  Finally, one day I said "that's enough, it's no fun any more", and I've never played it since.  Following this last ridiculous update, I have come to the realisation there are more important things I could be doing, and so after 13+ years I believe my time is up.  Once I finish the current bracket I'm playing that will be the end.

• bigjohndough
    71 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2024 12:33 PM

Thanks for the updates brother.

RSS