Help › Forums

FATAL Error : Can't log in!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 30 2024 5:06 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,626 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2024 7:13 PM

I was playing a Clash round, and out of sudden, this "oops" message popped up.

It reads :

oops
    Something unexpected happened, please try again. 
    Error code: FATAL
    [StackExchange.Redis.RedisServerExceptlon: ERR Error running script [call to f_525a8a612c8fea5327ab4002192eb5c6fd5e49c5]:@user_script:11:@user_script:11: -MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots. but it is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled, because this instance is configured to report errors during writes if RDB snapshotting fails [stop-wrltes-on-bgsave-error option]. Please check the Redis logs for details about the RDB error.]

When I tapped on RETRY, I got this...

It reads :

oops
    Error code: 1063 (Position was 181.4647.151.1248 but 1063.773.263.011 was expected.)

Then tapped RETRY once again, the game disappeared, and this showed up...

It reads :

oops
    Error code: FATAL
    [StackExchange.Redis.RedisServerExceptlon: MISCONF Redis is conflgured to save RDB snapshots, but it is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled, because this instance is configured to report errors during writes if RDB snapshotting fails [stop-wrltes-on-bgsave-error option]. Please check the Redis logs for details about the RDB error.]

And eventually, I got completely kicked out of the log, and then prompted to log back in. But when I tried, I just got another "oops" message.

The same "oops" message as above... 

Okay, so... long story short, due to a configuration issue with the Redis server, it was unable to save data, which caused command execution to be restricted, is my understanding correct? 

I was able to log in and get back to the game a few hours later fortunately, but it is clear now that the company server has been highly unstable lately. Something needs to be done urgently, WGT! It is really getting frustrating. :(

• sesky
    3,492 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 2:35 AM

Had the same problem last night as well. Playing 4 player skins and the game locked up. Tried to restart the game and  lost 2 of the players as a forfeit. Tried to continue on with the remaining 2 players and that when the error messages started to appear. When I tried to re-enter the game, It asked me for my passcode. Entered and more error messages occurred.

I know that more members of my club got wacked as well with the same problem. Sent all of the error messages in a screenshot to WGT customer service but not word back yet,

Fully agree that WGT has issues going on. Had problems the other day with my IPhone and getting tossed out of the game. Forget the bucket hats. Need remedies to all of this.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,626 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 3:05 AM

Sorry to hear you had the same issue, Sam...

sesky:
    Forget the bucket hats. Need remedies to all of this.

Can't possibly agree more! 👍

• Ladychipper
    22,965 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 8:30 AM

I had the same problem last night with the "Fatal Error" message.  I re-tried several times and got the same message. 

I got out of the game cleared out cache etc. and then rebooted my computer.  Then went back on the game and it came right up without an error. 

Seems a bunch of us had the same error.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,626 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 11:37 AM

Ladychipper:
    I got out of the game cleared out cache etc. and then rebooted my computer.  Then went back on the game and it came right up without an error. 

Good! 👍 It might be a quick workaround to resolve the problem. In my case, though, I did nothing and it came back to normal on its own a few hours later.

Ladychipper:
    Seems a bunch of us had the same error.

Yup... I have a gut feeling that the company's attempts to resolve the showdown issues might actually be causing these additional problems. 🤔

• sesky
    3,492 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 1:17 PM

Got a response back from WGT asking for all of the information that I had sent to them in the initial e-mail (screenshots, description of problem etc). I don't know if these contact customer support emails go into some AI world that has no idea what the game functions are and ends up in some humans inbox who doesn't bother to read the email with all of the information that they are now requesting.

Unbelievable

Topgolf Guest Care Support (WGT)

Aug 17, 2024, 2:41 PM CDT

Hi Player, 

Unfortunately, I am unable to determine what issue you may have encountered in your game. If you could please contact us again with as much detail as possible regarding the situation you experienced, including any screenshots if applicable, we would greatly appreciate the assistance.

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Thank you,
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,626 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 1:42 PM

Sam, that is clearly a canned or template response meant to be sent to everyone and anyone.

It surely is disappointing because the company could show more sincerity towards its customers... I believe we deserve better than that.

• sesky
    3,492 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 2:08 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Sam, that is clearly a canned or template response meant to be sent to everyone and anyone.

It surely is disappointing because the company could show more sincerity towards its customers... I believe we deserve better than that.

Agreed !!

• AlaskanDame
    19,392 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 2:20 PM

I had the same fatal error problem when trying to play a Clash round last night.  My sign in was rejected, too, after I was booted and told I had to sign in.  (I never sign out of WGT; am the only user of this computer)

Eventually, after “changing” my password to what it already had been, I got signed in again and allowed to play the Clash round.

AKD

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,626 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2024 2:33 PM

AlaskanDame:
    Eventually, after “changing” my password to what it already had been, I got signed in again and allowed to play the Clash round.

Thanks for sharing it, AKD. 🙏 

• PAGES
RSS