Forums

Help › Forums

am I scooping or topping?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 1 2024 5:55 PM (4 replies)
  • samdvine
    4 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2024 11:06 AM

hey guys, I apologize if this might've been asked already...

...IRL golf you can always add a specific loft to the strike, I know it doesn't add back spin but is there any actual difference in the loft dynamic when moving the green dot up (or down) while using the WGT starter ball. Is there any change in strike trajectory like distance and height at all, wondering if you noticed any difference.

• SamSpayed
    4,998 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2024 10:24 AM

samdvine:

hey guys, I apologize if this might've been asked already...

...IRL golf you can always add a specific loft to the strike, I know it doesn't add back spin but is there any actual difference in the loft dynamic when moving the green dot up (or down) while using the WGT starter ball. Is there any change in strike trajectory like distance and height at all, wondering if you noticed any difference.

Moving the green dot toward the bottom (more spin) will increase loft and decrease distance and roll-out.  Moving the dot toward the top (less spin) will decrease loft and increase distance and roll-out.  That goes for whatever ball you use - starter ball or otherwise.

• samdvine
    4 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2024 10:59 AM

well thank you for confirming it Sam*... can't really tell since with wind variations no two strikes are the same.

*great name btw

• BlackBogey
    466 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2024 3:03 PM

If you are asking specifically if you'll get a higher or lower trajectory from moving the spin dot I believe the answer is yes.  You can always verify by turning on your Top Tracer and hitting some balls in practice mode with the same club with varying amounts of spin and check the max apex.  I believe it will be lower with the green dot up and higher with dot down.  And like SamSpayed said you'll definitely get different spins and rollouts.

• samdvine
    4 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2024 5:55 PM

thank you, I followed your suggestion and I can see the differences

RSS