Forums

Help › Forums

New to WGT & my first Club Clash

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 26 2024 12:51 AM (2 replies)
  • mdn1969
    3 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2024 2:45 PM

I'm 57, new to WGT. Joined a Club and played my first round in a Clash.  I was hesitant because I'm such a newbie, but did OK I suppose. Managed a couple of birdies, several pars, a few bogeys and unfortunately one whole was a disaster...quadruple bogey, I think.  Anyway, it was fun and hopefully it might have helped my new Club a bit.  Really enjoying this game and community.  Thanks. 👊

• ScottHope
    10,389 Posts
    Fri, Oct 25 2024 12:43 AM
    Welcome to the forum and WGT mdn1969. The forums are a little bit quieter since WGT opened its Discord channel, or whatever they call it, but there is interesting stuff going on in both departments. Enjoy!
  • BlackBogey
    504 Posts
    Sat, Oct 26 2024 12:51 AM

mdn1969:

I'm 57, new to WGT. Joined a Club and played my first round in a Clash.  I was hesitant because I'm such a newbie, but did OK I suppose. Managed a couple of birdies, several pars, a few bogeys and unfortunately one whole was a disaster...quadruple bogey, I think.  Anyway, it was fun and hopefully it might have helped my new Club a bit.  Really enjoying this game and community.  Thanks. 👊

You can do no harm, only help your club by participating in a Clash or Turf War.  They are both based on total points (not average club score or anything like that), so every little bit helps. 

Now in Clashes, there are "Super Passes" which double your point total, so those may be best left to the better players to use (some clubs even have rules about who can and can't use them), but if you use your own daily free pass it can only be seen as good.  

RSS