Help › Forums

DON'T DISCONNECT JUST FORFEIT

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 27 2011 6:11 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 8:27 PM

This is a message to all losers who love to disconnect during match play.  You're just wasting my time when you disconnect because the game automatically makes me wait 5 minutes before I can continue.  Please just forfeit (either way it's a loss for you but it's also showing some courtesy for your opponent)....Thanks

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 7:35 AM

ironking34:

This is a message to all losers who love to disconnect during match play.  You're just wasting my time when you disconnect because the game automatically makes me wait 5 minutes before I can continue.  Please just forfeit (either way it's a loss for you but it's also showing some courtesy for your opponent)....Thanks

Courtesy does seem to be lacking a bit with some people. I was in a multi-play foursome that was going very well for 4 holes. Then 1 player had 2 bad shots and disconnected just at the point where his action locked the game and we all had to disconnect. I ended up finishing the round as a single play round and lost some pleasurable company on the course.

That's why I mostly play alone.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 7:35 AM

ironking34:

Courtesy does seem to be lacking a bit with some people. I was in a multi-play foursome that was going very well for 4 holes. Then 1 player had 2 bad shots and disconnected just at the point where his action locked the game and we all had to disconnect. I ended up finishing the round as a single play round and lost some pleasurable company on the course.

That's why I mostly play alone.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 7:42 AM

I joined a stroke play game at random yesterday.

The first thing the pro tier player says to me in chat is "Don't play if you're going to waste my time and quit".   I was standing there by myself on the third hole teebox.   :)

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 8:55 AM

marioh:

I joined a stroke play game at random yesterday.

The first thing the pro tier player says to me in chat is "Don't play if you're going to waste my time and quit".   I was standing there by myself on the third hole teebox.   :)

HA! that's classic!

My favorite was a player who says to me "just bring your A-game" in response to my "goodluck"...

Was 3 strokes up after 2 holes, he didn't tee off on the third.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 9:07 AM

birdwell:

HA! that's classic!

My favorite was a player who says to me "just bring your A-game" in response to my "goodluck"...

Was 3 strokes up after 2 holes, he didn't tee off on the third.

LOL

I have another amusing one.

I joined a random 3 player stroke play game.   One of the players started trash talking right off the bat, how he was going to show us how to play this game, how he was going to give us lessons on how to play, how good he was, the typical trash talk.

Sure enough, he eagles the first hole on Kiawah, and I'm thinking "hey, maybe this guy is good and maybe I can indeed learn a few things".   By the 3rd hole, the guy was over par, and gone by the 4th hole teebox.

It's a shame, the guy started out so well and backed up his trash talking on the first hole.    Apparently that was the only hole he knew how to play, lol.

• imperialrock
    217 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 9:16 AM

Agreed 100% and I'm going to call out the guy who disconnected on me............

I eagled #13 on Kiawah by holing out from 140 or so, which is not typical at all of course, and he congrats me, etc.........on #14 I sink a birdie putt and he immediately quits.  His name is LOUISVILLE LOU, don't play with the guy - - - if you're shooting low he'll just quit. 

Its a bummer b/c guys like that sometimes even know how to play, he's a fine player, but that just chaps me soooo bad when its as obvious as that.  Oh well, look me up for a disconnect-free game.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 12:29 PM

If you want disconnect free rounds head on over to the ladder site. Some of the best players there and no quitters. If im playing a pickup game i dont care if people quit on me - just means i win the match. Oh and is bad form to call out players on the forum - he may have had a legit reason for going and is against site policy.

• coxsone
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 8:16 AM

I'm getting a bit fed up of people who just disconnect when they're losing.  I used to just let it be and ignore them but now I'm going to post a message on the wall of every loser that does that.  At least then others will know what type of player they're dealing with.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 7:40 AM

imperialrock:
    His name is ********** ***, don't play with the guy

i hope this gets to you before that moderator dude sees this...do some quock editing and loose the name. you will be typed at in a VERY FIRM voice. rules say you cant call people out by name..

-G

see, i even edited it out on my response 

• PAGES
RSS