Forums

Help › Forums

Bad Game Phases

Mon, Dec 12 2011 1:19 PM (33 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 6:06 PM

I have had the worst 3 days in a row, that I have ever had since playing this game. I have not shot 35's 36's and 37's back to back to back in a long time. It makes no difference what I do, how I aim or shoot, it has been in auto play for 3 days. I welcome any come back comments that I get. This is just not normal, has not happened, does not happen, and I don't know what is happening. Not whining or complaining, I am stating a fact and that's all it is. Over 1200 ranked rounds and have never had a spell like this. I'm sure I have forgotten how to make a shot and that's all it's about. I'm not quitting, or even threatening to, I am just dismayed. This is a bad game phase.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 6:19 PM

Have to have some more details...

Are you hitting the greens?

What's your distance to pin like?

Are you two putting everything?

If not hitting the greens, are you not saving par?

I go through days of not being able to putt at all...mundane ding drive, ding approach, ding two putts for par...toss in a bird and it's a no pay RG...lol.

Last week I went through a period of 9 hole RG's when total distance of putts made were in the low 20's and avg distance to pin was 11/12 feet.

Some days we have it, some we don't.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 6:43 PM

MB, last 3 rounds, fairways avg was 5 out of 9, drives just rolling into rough by an inch, GIR's were 100% on 2 games and 89% on the other. I had several holes where distance to pin was less than 5 ft and would 2 pt every one. My R11 with any head wind at all would not go 275 yrds. I saw views on courses I have never seen in over 1200 rounds. I was in the fairway trap on SA 17 twice, I never knew there was one there, I have never been in it. I'm not crying foul or VEM, or wgt is out to get me, I am just totally befuddled the last 3 days. I switched from the Callaways to Srixon, but this started when I was still using the Cally Z's. I am hitting the ding 8 out of 10 times but the shots are just not responding. I have cleared everything, nothing else running, can't get a grip on it.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 7:43 PM

It has gone beyond befuddled now, I just lost a ball in an area I have never seen before, and the last two holes my ball has landed in areas where, I have never seen these camera shots. What the hell is going on? Please advise, these views have never appeared on any rounds I have played since day one. I don't do drugs and I am not imagining this, the whole damn thing seems different.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2011 10:10 PM

I too have felt this way lately.  I havent done anything different, can't read the greens anymore, shots come up way short with heavy tailwinds,  go long with heavy headwinds, for both long and short clubs,  low crosswinds send the ball way off line and faster crosswinds don't budge it hardly.  

Thought it was just me,  1 example, playing a skins challenge earlier on ST A's front 9.   Cannot remember exactly which hole it was but it was a flatter one and I was in the fariway,   167yds to the pin,  19mph helping wind in the 1230 position,

So I take my 165yd r11 iron, no spin, cally (s) ball and it landed IRC 164yds,   I was playing like heII at the time so I was just testing the wind.  Stuff like that has been happening alot lately.

One other example that comes to mind,  CCC #10  playing with one other friend, both using r11 irons,  both had same ball,   we were calling out our shots,  both hit same shot (club, pwr, spin etc)  both ding the shots,,,,,well he said he did, and he is usually spot on,    he comes up front fringe and I end up on upper tier of the green.   hmmmmmmmm

Don't get me wrong,  still having fun, just shaking my head in confusion much more here lately.

Hp

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 4:35 AM

That's what I'm saying hp, still enjoy it, just can't figure out what is happening. Esssy sent me some suggestions I.m going to try. Maybe I can get back on track.

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 5:30 AM

I've been like it for months, i hit the fairway then the green and then 2 putt, cannot make a birdie 1 or 2 under on 9 holes at the most, i gave up trying to work out the problem, it will come back,  i hope.

Lucky

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 5:42 AM

Just take a look at the last 5 replays on my profile. All those shots came in the 1 game, and on slow greens. I cant be bothered to explain each shot, as im exasperated at this stage. But trust me when i say all shots where totally off to what i hit.

1 thing i will say, the shots that hit the hills are becoming more and more frequent. I only have to touch the very base of a hill, and i get rocket propelled forward by roughly 50 yrds each time. I noticed this a hell of a lot lately, and can honestly say that other members are going to see this happen to them as well, mark my words.

RSS