Forums

Help › Forums

Bad Game Phases

Mon, Dec 12 2011 1:19 PM (33 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 6:10 AM

TWOMINUSONE:
    1 thing i will say, the shots that hit the hills are becoming more and more frequent. I only have to touch the very base of a hill, and i get rocket propelled forward by roughly 50 yrds each time.

I watched the 2 shots that bounced forward and bet you probably had back spin on those shots. Landing on the down slope with back spin will cause a trampoline effect and do exactly what yours did. 

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 11:49 AM

YankeeJim:

TWOMINUSONE:
    1 thing i will say, the shots that hit the hills are becoming more and more frequent. I only have to touch the very base of a hill, and i get rocket propelled forward by roughly 50 yrds each time.

I watched the 2 shots that bounced forward and bet you probably had back spin on those shots. Landing on the down slope with back spin will cause a trampoline effect and do exactly what yours did. 

Your probably right Jim. I think i need to give this up altogether as i can hit a barn door with a shotgun lately. Nothing is going right for me at all, and just the other day i missed a tap in of 1.3 feet on a flat green, (that broke hard). Dam it, they are even shooting forward when i hit the upslope with backspin, cant win.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 12:14 PM

Have tried again today, took all suggestions and tried them all. Changed balls, changed wedges, no help. Shots are not at all like I have learned over the rounds I have played. When a 165 yrd second shot to a par 5 green hits 10 yrds before the green with a 150- 7 iron and goes 212 yrds, this is bs. Maybe on a frozen lake or a concrete parking lot. The wind by the way was a 7mph tail wind. I play a lot of real golf and it does not matter what ball you are using on a 3 ft putt, they all act the same. I just want to know, what else I need to try, to get back to being able to shoot at least 3-4 under. For all of you still having amazing rounds, I applaud you. I have tried commodo, chrome, have done all the crazy clearing and whatever. My game has become possessed by something I can't figure out. I can expect, every  time that I make a birdie, the next hole will be a bogey. It is automatic. Call me insane, full of bull---, or whatever you want to. In all my rounds I have played at BPB, I have hit the tree on nbr 2- 5 times. I tryed BPB today and birdied nbr 1 four times in a row. Then I have hit the tree on the second drive 4 times in a row. All 4 shots were approached in a different way. Back spin, top spin, aiming a little right away from the sob, did not matter, hit it all 4 times and dropped into 70-80 rough. Maybe I need to open a new account and start over. Seems to work for a lot of amazing new comers on here.

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 12:29 PM

I think most of us go through patches like this, you think you're losing you're mind or something, and the harder you try the worse it gets. So all i can advise is to either take a break, or stop playing stroke for a while, play some alt shot, or skins, blitz etc, have a little fun. 

Kindle 

• Donko58
    183 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 1:04 PM

Wow Renn it seems like you're in a real slump. Must be pretty aggravating. Sounds like you have tried just about everything. Sorry I can't offer any advice except to  just stick with it and hope that whatever is going on passes. Hang in there Renn !!

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 1:14 PM

Ren - you just need to play a round with me. After about 2 holes of my incessant babbling on about nothing in particular, you will have totally forgotten about your troubles on the course, and the birdies will start fallin.

If that doesn't work, try playing this in the background.

I used to touch it, but then I got an arrow to the knee...lmao

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 1:14 PM

Gonna try some other things, and just settle down. Starting to get really frustrated and I don't want to do that. Maybe some AS games tonight, if you see me green, give me a shout. Thanks all. Really appreciate the comments.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 1:16 PM

Iva, we can do it, look me up. lmao, thanks.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 1:21 PM

OK, will do, and I added a little something to my last post just for you...

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 1:50 PM

Hi Renn, had to comment on BPB #2, every time I birdie #1 my drive hits the tree. The last time my blue aiming marker was well away from the branches and I still hit the tree, dinged the drive too. It's not just you, it's the game.

RSS