Forums

Help › Forums

9 consecutive birdies

Tue, Dec 13 2011 12:42 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 2:48 PM

At last I have done it 9 in a row at St A front nine. I didn't know how to make a screenshot saver for prosperity, I do now alas too late, but it is in my score history and in my birdies in a row stats. I thought my heart was going to go LOL, man what a rush. I kept thinking of jumping meters, wind direction, slopes, bunkers, rough, fescue and general things that would f*&k it up but  I managed to do it. A couple of cracking putts kept me on course for something I hadn't done before and although some people may think I'm bragging I'm just buzzing with adrenaline and enjoying the buzz of it all.WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.

• jeffc46221
    621 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 4:06 PM

congrats......thats a nice accomplishment sir...

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 4:15 PM

Congratulations! Job very well done! I just did the same a few weeks back on the same course! And that is very hard to do. After about the first 4 or 5 holes you realize what your doing and think to yourself, "yeah, but I'll probably lose it on this hole". But then you reach the 9th and if it's on St. Andrews, you know as long as you don't screw up the drive that you got it! But still the scenario's are running through your head as to how you can mess it up! But then you settle yourself down, drain your putt and make your 9th consecutive birdie! And all you want to do is tell the world of your accomplishment! So some may call it bragging. But I call it sharing your accomplishment with the community! Great job! Keep up the great shooting and I'm sure you can go ahead and grab that coveted 18 consecutive birdie streak!!

Master Yoda

• TGor
    313 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 8:33 PM

I'm still waiting for that "perfect round". But a big CONGRATS on a job well done !

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 5:36 AM

Thanks Guys

To be honest I was thinking it could be on after the birdie on the second hole. That hole is a putting nightmare and to escape with a par let alone a birdie is a bonus.

Master Yoda, I have had the chance before on the 9th but meter jumps have landed me in the fairway bunker and in left fescue and overhitting a putt on the green, leaving my neighbours saying "his Tourettes is back again".

I will just enjoy my nine holes feat for the time being as I think that eighteen consecutive birdies at St. Andrews is one Swilken Bridge too far. It will be attempted though, I will report back in 2015 LOL.

I forgot to say that with -9 round my handicap dropped a monster .02

• BJORNAGAIN1
    382 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 12:06 PM

Congrats on your 9 birdies.

Job well done. Keep up the good work.

Great post there Yoda. Very nicely put.

Bjorn

• IDGolfer
    2 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 12:21 PM

Very cool!

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 3:05 PM

AWESOME play.....

• rdb3
    202 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 4:52 PM

Outstanding round! I hope I can get pass 5 birdies in a row. Again, nice shooting!

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 5:24 PM

I feel totally humbled that great players such as yourselves have taken the time to congratulate me on my play. It means a lot to me, thank you.

• PAGES
RSS