Help › Forums

Hello!! Yet another Newbie :)

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 21 2011 1:35 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • poolpugilist
    361 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 12:02 AM

Good Morning/Afternoon to you all, really getting into this WGT and enjoying filling my spare time with this great site.

Just one question if I may:

What average score moves you up in ranking? it has baffled me!!

Oh...And as its close to the Festive Season....Merry Christmas!!!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:46 AM
    hi & welcome! -wgticon
  • TrikiRik
    103 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:36 PM

As a fellow newbie, I find the rankings a bit confusing.  But since it's too darned cold to play where I live this virtual game should cure my fix.  Have fun and check in often.  Merry Christmas.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 9:14 PM

Just play everything, improve and pay no attention to ranking. Learn every shot...punch, flop, pitch and chip, when to hold and when to fold, when to use back spin, no spin or top spin in combination with all the above shot choices and remember that the punch driver is very useful at certain times. The learning will improve the ranking.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2011 4:50 AM

Welcome to WGT!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2011 5:31 AM

TrikiRik:
    But since it's too darned cold to play where I live this virtual game should cure my fix

That's exactly how I stumbled upon WGT,  it was too dang cold to play here and I searched online golf,  the rest it history,

Welcome to wgt, and Merry Christmas.

To move up in the ranks,  play stroke play games,  as you shoot lower scores your average will lower,  lower your average enough and you get promoted to next tier.

Hp

• slicesandwhiffs
    2 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 7:18 AM

Also, pretty new. I really enjoy this game. It's definitely a help with the cold weather since I can't drag my friends out to play in the cold. I actually came across this on Facebook, but have since just gone through the WGT site. Wish I would have found it sooner.

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 9:46 AM

Just keep your pocket book close and your patience level high, you will need it.. and welcome to online golf.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 10:20 AM

hi welcome have fun :)

• PAGES
RSS