Help › Forums

Flop Shot Aim is Restricted in Reverse View

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 5 2010 7:25 AM (25 replies)
  • birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 3:13 PM

PugsAce:

I tried the "birdwell technique" (lol), and it worked like this...... with the camera angle there (at that challenge hole), I moved the aiming triangle towards my avatar parallel to the flagstick while taking notice of the 2' boxes. Keeping the flagstick in the center of each box, I moved the aimer towards the avatar 1 box(2ft) for every 1 foot of distance I wanted to aim farther left of the hole.

Worked like a charm!

Great! Sounds like you took it one step farther with some calculations. I'm usually just aiming... oh... about there - more or less. I think this is the "Pugswell technique"

PugsAce:
    Remember the "3-4-5 rule" we learned in Geometry class way back when? Well... I don't either... but I think it has something to do with that... lol.

HA! Classic!

• pappypinseeker
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:48 PM

How about leaving the shot mode in chip or pitch, checking the reverse view, then aim and change to flop.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 9:43 AM

Since when is a grid shown in reverse view of a flop?

I got this view just now in the weekly CTTH!

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 11:12 AM

Since when is the "Reverse" view shown for a "flop" for that matter? I`ve only had the "zoom" option for the flop...forever.

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 12:16 PM

switch to putt it always shows the reverse view and gives  you the best way to align your shot then switch to flop or as i have been doing lately the punch. I know in real golf you would never use  the punch shot near the greens but this is not real golf and some things that work  in real golf won't work here and some things that work here would never work in real golf.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 1:39 PM

mefitz:

Since when is the "Reverse" view shown for a "flop" for that matter? I`ve only had the "zoom" option for the flop...forever.

That's my point, I hit the space bar on a flop shot expecting to see the zoom view, and got the Reverse view normally seen with a pitch, chip or putt.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 2:14 PM

When you flop from the fringe you get a reverse view. When you flop from anyplace else you get the zoom option instead of reverse.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 2:41 PM

The view I got like that Andyson, the graph(lines) moves with the box.Everywhere I move the box the lines follow.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 6:16 PM

Same for me Git.

YJ, that flop was from a fairway lie behind BP # 4 green

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 8:17 PM

Right Andy-close enough to the fringe to be considered a fringe view.  Think of the guy taking the pic. You're too close to have the zoom be effective so you get the reverse.

RSS