Forums

Help › Forums

Level 92 with an average below 59 and still a Master???

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 25 2011 9:27 AM (55 replies)
  • gatordee
    281 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 7:05 AM

I was playing a tournament last night and came across the leader, blank  who is a level 92 with an average of 58.21 but still a master. The reason I bring this up is because the night before asked my buddy who is a Legend what I need to do in order to make Legend. He pretty much said to work on getting my average under 61 but then I come across this!! I asked the player why he was not a Legend and he got pretty pissed and left me a bs post on my profile. It was a legit question because I need to know what the Tier requirements are.  I see this player at the top of the CC tourneys each week and he shoots great scores so now I am really confused. I just have no idea why this question would piss off a player so much. If it were me, I would be pissed that I was not tiered up after playing so much to get to level 92 with an average of 58.21 and still a MASTER!!?? Any knowledge of how this could be would be appreciated.

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 7:18 AM

Ranked rounds? 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 7:23 AM

By the looks of it he plays a ton of AS-over 1500 rounds. This would explain the high level. He only has 89 ranked rounds which is probably why he's still a Master. IDK what the number is but there's a certain requirement for ranked rounds within a tier before you get promoted.

It is a bit comical that he plays from junior tees with the best equipment but there's not much you can do about it except not play him for $. 

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 7:36 AM

AHHHH!!! This makes a lot of sense Jim!! Thanks for the info. 

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 7:40 AM

It`s all about MPC & skins for credits & advantages what come with big boy clubs & lady tee`s.

Best to avoid them.

:PS mate just a heads up can not name players in the forums.

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 7:41 AM

Its called SANDBAGGING ! Means this guy dont want to play enough ranked rounds to move up tier 50 at that tier i think it is! so he feels like a good player playing off the girly tees & winning all the credits when in reality any half decent player can shoot low from the ladies tees ! its about knowing your playing a game & getting a life & stop the cheating ! may seem a good idea but no player knows how good he or she really is untill your on the back tees as its a whole new ball game ! ps . best advice dont play sandbaggers aint hard to work out who they are just look at there avg ! lol ! 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 8:01 AM

Named player should be proud of playing so well, but not the way they are doing it. I would like to tell said player, you have nothing to be proud of at all. Move the hell up and prove you can still shoot this low. I believe that with a short adjustment period, you will. Obviously, you have the skill and ability. It's up to you to stop the name calling. I never shot those scores as a Master, but took my medicine and advanced to TM. Still not shooting that low, but slowing moving towards Legend. If and when, I make Legend, I will learn all over again. That's what this game is about, not playing for money in the wave pool, while the real surfers are riding the big curls. Man up, your exposing your diaper.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 8:04 AM

gatordee:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what I need to do in order to make Legend. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Any knowledge of how this could be would be appreciated.

see http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/66971.aspx

and http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/72976.aspx

edit my garbage removed

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 8:09 AM

oilyrag:
    as for the above person, note that he's been here a long time with low career earnings, so not exactly a sandbagger.

That number doesn't include MPC and skins winnings. Look at how many 9 skins he's won lately. If they are for credits you would never know, just like the match play stats.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 8:13 AM

YankeeJim:

That number doesn't include MPC and skins winnings. Look at how many 9 skins he's won lately. If they are for credits you would never know, just like the match play stats.

i thought there was something wrong with what i wrote, as i don't play challenges it didn't register, but just looked it up, so now i know :)

RSS