Forums

Help › Forums

Level 92 with an average below 59 and still a Master???

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 25 2011 9:27 AM (55 replies)
  • Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 9:19 AM

YankeeJim:
    It is a bit comical that he plays from junior tees with the best equipment

Yes Jim.  Comical it indeed is.  Yet by the same token, it's also quite sad.

I think it's basically done for the same reason that certain guys buy big trucks with huge tires.....to make up for a distinct disadvantage in the area between the waist and the thighs.

As for the player noted in this thread.....trust me.....he's not worth wasting your time over.  Just another 40-something high-school student who thinks that the hot chicks will be impressed by his Hemi-Pacer.

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 9:28 AM

I've had a thought for awhile i know it may not be the perfect solution to the problem of sandbagging.But here goes anyway.Why not tier the equipment not the player.

What i mean by that is if you want the big boy's club's you play from the big boy's tee regardless of your skill level. It will take someone smarter than me to figure out what clubs go with what tee box. With this in play i see no reason to sandbag.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 10:01 AM

swannyxx:
    Why not tier the equipment not the player.

That's the way it used to be, swanny. When the levels showed up that changed to what it is now. Everybody's still postulating why and no sense has been made of it yet. The debate rages on.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 10:48 AM

YankeeJim:
    Everybody's still postulating why

Not quite everybody. 

It's Marketing 101.....broadening your customer base results in increased sales (everything else being equal).

Legends make up a very small percentage of the total customer base on WGT.  Restricting the sale of the best (and presumably most expensive), equipment to just that small percentage doesn't make good business sense.

I'm not saying I agree with it....but I'm also not left trying to make sense of the why.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 11:25 AM

Well, greed for sure is going to kill this site. MONEY, MONEY MONEY. At some point, someone or something better will come up and all those complaining now will probably leave. If I haven't left, for sure, because so far is the best game I have found to keep me entertained. But sick of the game and the owners not paying or giving reasons and turning a deaf ear, I am.  A few of my very good friends have already taken the decision. I haven't but have been close to. Some medicine will cure my addiction sooner or later. Then I will say good bye to the most expensive Free game I have played. They have managed to keep a loyal base, so far, but that won't probably last forever. Everything is rosy so far. Wish the party goes forever. Well done, you friends who left before.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 2:14 PM

greed will never shut it down.

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 2:39 PM

YankeeJim:

swannyxx:
    Why not tier the equipment not the player.

That's the way it used to be, swanny. When the levels showed up that changed to what it is now. Everybody's still postulating why and no sense has been made of it yet. The debate rages on.

Hi jim i left out an important point.Open the proshop to to everyone.If i remember right there was a whole lot of complaining about not being able to buy what ever they wanted and that may have had something to do with why it's the way it is now.

I know there are a lot of con's to my theory. But with some commonsence  thinking it may be a step in the right direction in ridding sandbagging.

• yy4u
    9 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 8:04 PM

Wow, is this the knitting club or bridge club?  What a bunch of old ladies complaining about someone that has a 58 average and is only a Master.

• healsinau
    14 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2011 1:25 AM

Wow YY is this talk all about J

That's just silly man!

They havn't got enough to do lol.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2011 4:38 AM

yy4u:

Wow, is this the knitting club or bridge club?  What a bunch of old ladies complaining about someone that has a 58 average and is only a Master.

So you think it's right that players manipulate the system in order to give themselves an advantage and then subsequently use that advantage to unfairly win credits?

These people are cowards, dishonest ones at that and they should be named and shamed on these forums.

RSS