Help › Forums

skins game DONE

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 3 2012 8:43 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • duval1984
    65 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 12:59 AM

there is always a response up here from icon when its about tiers or sandbagging etc etc but when it comes down to skins flaws  i dont see any replies as this needs to stop. im done playing it. i just read another fellows status where he also received the blue screen after making what supposed to be a bird for 7 skins. if i had totaled up how much i lost in skins cause of these flaws id be good with credits for a year and then some. they need to remove the game till they can get it fixed. submit bug report is bs we want answers. also  had a game going where a guy left. so we are on a hole hit our drives then when we load it putts us on the green from the hole before lmao. so you cant say clear cache or any of that non sense when it happened to all of us. i guess we all need better computer cause thats the normal story.

• borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 9:33 AM

Icon has made several comments on skin game errors. If you haven't seen any it's because you aren't really looking for them. His main comment has always been to right click on the game screen and send a detailed bug report including the name of every player in the game. How many skins were involved,how many credits were involved ,and what the error or errors were.  I am sure WGT is working hard trying to find a solution the the ongoing problem.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 9:47 AM

I don't play skins for money so I have rarely seen the error that you are talking about.  I do see the screen that says there has been an error in the game please try later at least once a week.  I have found ICON and WGT very helpful when I have had any issues, they have refunded credits to me when they were incorrectly taken away, etc.  I find that sending them an email is the way to solve problems rather than posting in the forums.  If you post they have to spot the issue when they are reading the forums, if you email them it pops up for them quickly.  These guys work hard to make WGT a better place and we never thank them for all the things that work right,  I'm as guilty as anyone, I remember the one time the game froze on me instead of the 99 times it didn't.

SO.......................Thanks WGT and Icon for giving us a game that works well most of the time and it's free.

• rpark22
    6 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 10:03 AM

this skins game sucks error after error disconnects i lost 165 credits because this game is so fucked up i will never play again, its to bad the people who run the game don't care about the people who play it

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 10:20 AM

duval1984:
    if i had totaled up how much i lost in skins cause of these flaws id be good with credits for a year and then some.

I guess I have been lucky, but would have to ask why you would keep playing if this issue keeps occurring on your end?

• Kaloke
    232 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2011 4:32 PM

There are many, many, many posts on the error messages and disconnects about skins and people losing credits. The staff of wgt are limited do to the holidays. Probably won't see a fix until the first of the year. Check the forums and you will see all the complaints about the skins games. If you don't want to take a chance on losing any credits, then stay away from them until they get it fixed. If you go to the bug reports and in many other forums you will see they have been complaining for quite awhile.

• jimmassie
    53 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 8:36 AM

WELL SAID "Tarheel" WE ALL ARE GUILTY OF JUMPING AT THE FIRST CHANCE TO CRITICIZE SOMETHING OR SOMEONE AND NEVER, NEVER, TAKING A MOMENT TO GIVE THANKS FOR WHAT WGT DOES FOR US (THIS GAME IS FREE)  SO DON'T GET TO WORKED UP OVER A LITTLE "GLITCH",  FOR IT IS  AND ALWAYS WILL BE JUST A GAME.

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 11:12 AM

Kaloke:
    The staff of wgt are limited do to the holidays. Probably won't see a fix until the first of the year.

Fair enough, we all need a holiday, however, when you run a business that runs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, you make sure that you have staff on standby to deal with problems like this. There are many businesses that have to rotate staff as shutting down completely is not an option, as this is probably one of the busiest times of year for WGT, I think it should be the same. 

I bet if the whole game froze and nobody was able to play, they would make sure that they get a technician to sort it out as soon as possible as it would be costing them money, yet when the problems are costing us, the customers money, it doesn't really seem to be a priority. 

Their mail box is going so full when they get back it will probably take a month to get the answers/refunds anyway.

• duval1984
    65 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 10:23 PM

this game is far from free. yeah its free if u dont mind hitting the greens and your balls rolling 20 yards past the hole.

• Vierauge
    25 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 11:03 AM

hi,

i got this problems for the 2nd time, too. we played a foursome and i was the lucky one who has won all skins. the game was disconnected and we all come back to the start menue. eachone reconnected and after a few seconds the game collapsed. no chance to come back to the game. the fee of 345 cr is gone and the skins, too.

does anyone know how to deal with this? im not amused about that fact and it seems to me that wgt need the money.

cheers frank

• PAGES
RSS