Forums

Help › Forums

to ding or not to ding

Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:10 AM (48 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2011 6:03 PM

This is the kind of crap i mean when dinged shots leave the club heading in totally the wrong direction.

Wind is 4mph left to right, so I've aimed enough of the pin and in theory.....the ball should start out left of pin but as you'll see here it leaves the club clearly right of the pin and going further right.

Quite how a 202 yrd shot with 1/2 bs hit early even ended up there is just part of the game I suppose.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=0ec91e8f-21a0-4a95-a48d-9fc9002025b4

Happy Holidays.

TBE

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2011 6:06 PM

thebigeasy707:
    if it works for your i15 irons and balls....it's good....i've never tried that combo.

The Nike golf balls (level 71+) give even better action, but the meter bar is slower than a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter. LOL!

• goeasyonme
    169 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2011 6:07 PM

the crappy thread starter just beat his a$$ lol

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 10:49 PM

thebigeasy707:

Quite how a 202 yrd shot with 1/2 bs hit early even ended up there is just part of the game I suppose.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=0ec91e8f-21a0-4a95-a48d-9fc9002025b4

Happy Holidays.

TBE

Next time close both your stance and the club face just a tad, TBE, and hit a slight draw. You'll be right on the stick.

Heh heh.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2011 5:37 PM

I have the R11's and sometimes they go into warp speed. I also have slow brainwaves going to my mouse finger...lol. So I've given up on hitting the ding on every shot.

In slow winds you can get away with missing the ding, the 2-4 mph winds (actually be careful with 2mph cross winds...lol). In High/Medium winds then you have to move the aimer and as I said before, for me It's easier to miss the ding slightly than hitting it. This has worked pretty good for me.

On the greens I, I don't move aimer, except when there is a very fast break. I miss the ding most of the time, unless it's a straight putt then I would ding it. This method takes allot of practice. At the start I was flip flopping between ding or miss ding, until I found(for me) that missing ding worked the best. Playing the game for ages, I'm starting to get to know the rolls on the greens and where to click the meter. Each course is different though.

If you have to opportunity to watch the really goods players playing the game, they don't always hit the ding.

Now saying all this.... you have to be one or the other.... having 2 mind sets(clicking or missing doesn't work) it just gets you in more trouble, until you get to work it out then it's fine...lol

Cheers

Roger

P.S ..... It's 12.34pm 1/1/12 here in Melbourne Australia.... Happy New Year Everybody!!

• Peteputupon
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2012 1:36 PM

My First post.

I try to hit the ding but find most days i couldn't hit a cows a$$ with a banjo.

;o)

Have a good game guys.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2012 2:24 PM

Early, white line, late...I use all three.

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2012 5:25 PM

I use a special method that I've been cultivating. It involves missing the ding, aiming the wrong direction, forgetting to factor in the elevation, misjudging the wind, and then going with the wrong club. When I'm really dialed in, I can also play the wrong swing choice with the wrong English on the ball.

It takes a bit of practice to consistently make this many mistakes in a single swing, but when everything falls apart in just the right way, you can really pull off some amazing shots.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2012 5:42 PM

godelescher:

I use a special method that I've been cultivating. It involves missing the ding, aiming the wrong direction, forgetting to factor in the elevation, misjudging the wind, and then going with the wrong club. When I'm really dialed in, I can also play the wrong swing choice with the wrong English on the ball.

It takes a bit of practice to consistently make this many mistakes in a single swing, but when everything falls apart in just the right way, you can really pull off some amazing shots.

Bravo!

lmao

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 10:32 AM

The ding is sort of like the G-spot, I'm not sure if it really exists   lol

I do agree that the biggest penalty for not hitting it is in high winds.  You can get by with missing one or two clicks in light winds but miss 2 clicks at St Andrews in 25 mph winds and you can be off 30 feet.

RSS