Forums

Help › Forums

Hello to all WGT staff and players

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 1 2012 3:00 PM (3 replies)
  • kwilli27194
    7 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 5:25 AM

First off, just want to say thanks for making such a great game. I have been playing for around 2 weeks now and other than cussing like a sailor and debating whether or not to toss my pc out the door, I have had a great time. I'm currently a Tour Pro which I truly believe is way out of my league, but I am addicted and yall don't know how lucky you are my wife doesn't know where you live lol. Just thought I'd introduce myself, see yall around.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 12:48 PM
    Welcome Kwilli...be careful our you will get hooked on this place.  Be sure to find time for the important things in life.  Below is part of a post to my wall that may be of interest...it might keep you from moving up before you are ready.

Here are some things I think new players should know from the start:

1.  Play all the courses...not just the easy ones.

2.  Play more 18 hole rounds and fewer 9 hole rounds.  Yes, it's easier to post lower scores on 9 hole rounds, but it can artificially lower your average that can get new players into trouble later.

3.  Enter tournaments with varying conditions.

4.  Play in some single play tournaments where scores are generally higher.

5. Be mindful of Country Club tournaments.  These tournaments are created by it's members with easier conditions that can lower averages even more.

6.  Most importantly, finish all your rounds and post all your scores...don't cherry pick your best scores. 

Joey

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 12:57 PM

Joeyola:

Play all the courses...not just the easy ones.

There are EASY ones???

• froggyman100
    34 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 3:00 PM

I'm a new player too.... Always looking for a round.

RSS