Help › Forums

Sweepstakes Drawing

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 7 2012 2:06 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pitoutleon
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 4:05 AM

Hi, i want to know why is only certain countries allowed in the tournament Sweepstakes Drawing,but not other countries like South Africa? In real golf the best golfers came out of our country. Are we to good for you ???

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 8:46 AM

pitoutleon:

Hi, i want to know why is only certain countries allowed in the tournament Sweepstakes Drawing,but not other countries like South Africa? In real golf the best golfers came out of our country. Are we to good for you ???

Whose country has the top 3 golfers in the world then? Anyway, it's down to gambling laws in certain countries.

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 9:00 AM

pitoutleon:

Would you be so kind to name those golfer's?

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 9:22 AM

piztaker:

pitoutleon:

Whose country has the top 3 golfers in the world then? Anyway, it's down to gambling laws in certain countries.

Ahh, come on that is so easy.....Everyone here at WGT knows it Bouvet Island.

• pitoutleon
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 11:17 AM

Yes i will, Bobby Locke - Is still recognised as one of the top putters ever to play the game.

Gary Player - The world's golfing ambassador is also a top golf course designer in SA. At the age of 67 he is still active in Senior golf. With 163 International Tournament Wins, Player is 63 ahead of Jack Nicklaus - The man whom many consider to be the greatest golfer of all time.

Ernie Els - Also known as the 'Big Easy' Best known South African Golfer on the PGA circuit, number two golfer in the world and one of four South Africans to have won the US open twice, in 1994 and 1997 and that wont be the end of his success.Els remains one of the world's elite players.

Retief Goosen - Goose claimed his first major victory in 2001 when he won the US open.....

Is this enough to tell about our top players.. No there will be more masters from us...

Greetings

Leon

• pitoutleon
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 11:26 AM

Bouvet Island is a tip of an iceberg island,no residence only a research station. LOL

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 11:41 PM

pitoutleon:

Yes i will, Bobby Locke - Is still recognised as one of the top putters ever to play the game.

Gary Player - The world's golfing ambassador is also a top golf course designer in SA. At the age of 67 he is still active in Senior golf. With 163 International Tournament Wins, Player is 63 ahead of Jack Nicklaus - The man whom many consider to be the greatest golfer of all time.

Ernie Els - Also known as the 'Big Easy' Best known South African Golfer on the PGA circuit, number two golfer in the world and one of four South Africans to have won the US open twice, in 1994 and 1997 and that wont be the end of his success.Els remains one of the world's elite players.

Retief Goosen - Goose claimed his first major victory in 2001 when he won the US open.....

Is this enough to tell about our top players.. No there will be more masters from us...

Greetings

Leon

LMFAO... where'd you get this from, the SA tourism board Web site? cometosouthafrica.com? With all due respect to Mr. Player, no one thinks he's the greatest golfer of all time. And the other guys? pfft. Ever heard of Nicklaus, Jones, Woods, Watson, Palmer, Hogan, Snead or Nelson? 

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2012 1:25 AM

All kidding aside, it's actually a good question. As for the gambling laws, South Africa has some of the most relaxed laws, so I don't think that is the reason.

Icon, do you have any idea?

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2012 1:39 AM

piztaker:

Yes, Luke Donald is the greatest player in the history of the game.

The sweepstakes is a mystery: "Anyone can play, but only players in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, Japan, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, and South Korea will be entered into the sweepstakes drawing." No only SA, but no France, Sweden Mexico, Bermuda, Chile... or Bouvet Island, or a hundred other countries. It's not gambling laws.

• PAGES
RSS